Financial help for end stage renal failure

State and local government assistance programs.
MOAB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Financial help for end stage renal failure

Post by MOAB »

To Whom It May Concern:
I am a Tacoma resident currently on Social Security Disability because I am in END-STAGE renal failure.   I am receiving $1067.00 per month with a mortgage of $572, and a TPU bill of approximately $380.  I also have dental expenses, prescription costs, travel to appointments, toiletries,  etc. which all total well over my income,
Currently,  I am in crisis because I do home dialysis which requires sterile conditions - hand washing, garbage pickup for the large number of disposables from my daily 12 hr. treatments.
I was able to get the power paid, but the balance of my TPU bill is still outstanding and I have no way to cover the bill.  It's due by the 19th of December.  So far I've been unsuccessful in finding anyone to pick up the less than $250 remaining so that I can continue my treatment for the end stage renal failure.  Without it I'll likely die in 2 to 3 days.  
I've never been one to ask for help; however, I'm at an impasse with no help in sight.
Could the Salvation Army help me in paying the balance of my TPU bill?  It seems you're my only hope at this point  
Please let me know if you may be able to help me. Time is of the essence. I have less than 2 weeks to pay them.
Thanks so much for your time and consideration.  It's deeply appreciated.
Reese

Re: Financial help for end stage renal failure

Post by Reese »

Hello,
I am so overwhelmed and at a loss as to where to start for assistance.
I am a single mother of 2 and struggling to pay my monthly bills at this time as I have renal failure.  Currently my rent suffers the most.  When I moved into my current apartment, I was able to pay everything.  However in June of 2019 my ex-boyfriend who was paying me payments of 300.00 a month for bills he owed just simply stopped paying.  So since August of 2019 I have been struggling to pay.  Thankfully my landlord has been understanding, but I am getting further and further behind.I did file a small claims suit against my ex and I did receive a judgment, however I have yet to receive any payments.  I am currently in the process of filing for wage garnishment from him and once that gets started, things will get better, but until then I'm struggling. Where is the best place to start for financial help and assistance for renal failure?  There is so much information online that I'm just really overwhelmed which is increasing my depression and just makes me want to hide in bed. Do you have a suggestion on where to start?
Malone

Post by Malone »

Hello. My name is Elizabeth. My friend, who is having renal failure, is in desperate need of assistance with her monthly bills (rent, utilities, Ameren, car payments, etc.). She lives in Boone County. She is 69 years old and disabled from renal needs. I  think she has filed for disability but has the months of waiting until she is considered for approval. She told me its best to text her.
Thank  you
Elizabeth
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry to hear about the renal care issues. Have they dried treatment at clinics such as Davita? If not, then look into that. As far as the costs involved, try medical bill grants.
There are non-profits, government programs s well as other health care grant programs.