Needed to move from a moldy home

State and local government assistance programs.
Bilbo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Needed to move from a moldy home

Post by Bilbo »

I am the mother to six children (14 year girl, 12 year boy, 8 year boy, 6 year boy, 4 year girl & 10 month boy).
We recently were forced out of our home that we rented for the last five years due to severe mold growth in the basement that was making us very sick and caused my husband to lose his job and pretty much made me bed bound with severe autoimmune issues that was brought on by the mold toxin illnesses.
Instead of our landlord taking care of the mold issues in his home that we were renting, he decided to give us a verbal notice to vacate so that he could immediately put his house up for sale vs having to remediate the basement that he had kept locked and had been flooding the last few years without any efforts to clean it up.
We had about 5 weeks to find another place to rent and right when my husband lost his job. Our bishop helped us get into a new place just in time before being homeless, but my husband has still been in the process of looking for another job.
One of the biggest issues is that we have only one vehicle and when he starts working, it'll leave me without a vehicle to take my children to and from school, etc... so he's been trying to find something close by the house in Springville.
As of right now, we only get around $900 per month to live on and our rent at this new house is $1550/mo. plus utilities/ food/ gas, etc... We had to take out an auto loan on our vehicle a few months ago to pay a month of rent, and now we are stuck paying $350 every 2 weeks to pay this off and only paying the interest right now towards a $1200 loan, so every check we have received has gone towards paying this back among paying whatever bill we can also afford at the same time.
We are drowning in financial struggles due to the mold in our home that caused us to move. It is mentally it's causing my husband and I great depression knowing we cannot give our six children a Christmas this year, and also have rent due July 1st as well as car loan payment, utilities, and need to reactivate our prepaid cell phone so that my husband can use it to get a job.
We don't know where else to turn, and feel completely hopeless and lost as to what to do or how to get out from under this rock we are under and know we won’t have enough money before Christmas to get our children anything as we are already so behind with coming up with money for rent and all other bills. It is not fair that we needed to move because of the moldy home.
I am crushed knowing our children will have nothing Christmas morning, and reaching out to see if there is anything we can do to get on a list for any kind of help this Christmas or housing. My 12 year old boy and 6 year old boy are special needs (high functioning), and I don't have the heart to try to explain to them why we cannot do Christmas this year.
Thank you so much in advance.
Currently, we receive SNAP benefits so have been covered with food at this time which helps greatly to keep my family fed at the least.
Alena & Nicholas
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Needed to move from a moldy home

Post by Admin »

Having six children, with not adequate finances to pay for them, is a major problem. Even if you move, which you have no money, how will you afford the rent, food, and other living expenses? The moldy home is probably the least of your problems. But look into Ellis county assistance programs. Maybe some agency can help you find a home and move.
Bilbo wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:59 am I am the mother to six children (14 year girl, 12 year boy, 8 year boy, 6 year boy, 4 year girl & 10 month boy).
We recently were forced out of our home that we rented for the last five years due to severe mold growth in the basement that was making us very sick and caused my husband to lose his job and pretty much made me bed bound with severe autoimmune issues that was brought on by the mold toxin illnesses.