working so don't qualify for help

State and local government assistance programs.
Mybadder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

working so don't qualify for help

Post by Mybadder »

My name is Lacey. I am a single working mother, with a 3 years old boy. I am in need of some short term help as soon as possible. I have had a horrible time finding help because I don't qualify because I am working. I was hoping you might be able to send me some contact info because I don't have time to keep trying places with no different conclusion.I was counting on my son’s social security to be deposited today and it wasn't.
My cars transmission went out on June 8th. The mechanic is working on his 3rd transmission attempt at fixing it and I'm behind now 2 car payments and car insurance. I also have a storage unit that I'm going to lose if I don't get them some money. But I get get the money as I work and don't qualify for financial help because of that income.
I know it's going to at least be a couple days to get a hold of social security to find out what is causing the delay. We just lost my sons father in May. I've started taking online classes for school at night and I don't have time to keep trying programs that I don't qualify for. This is only 1 time... to help me have a minute to breath without losing everything I've fought so hard to keep.
Once I get through this and am financially secure and independent I plan to help other people going through what I am. I have so many ideas I can't wait to devote my attention to, but it's impossible to do that when you are fighting for the constant stress you have. I can't wait for the day that I am self-sustaining and free.  I just need a little help getting there. Please let me know if you have any information that can help! Lacey
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: working so don't qualify for help

Post by Admin »

If you are working and don't qualify for government help, there are still many charities to try. They often give a "hand-up", not a "hand-out". Try them, as there are national and local ones. Find charities for financial help. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html
Mybadder wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:20 pm My name is Lacey. I am a single working mother, with a 3 years old boy. I am in need of some short term help as soon as possible. I have had a horrible time finding help because I don't qualify because I am working. I was hoping you might be able to send me some contact info because I don't have time to keep trying places with no different conclusion.I was counting on my son’s social security to be deposited today and it wasn't.
My cars transmission went out on June 8th. The mechanic is working on his 3rd transmission attempt at fixing it and I'm behind now 2 car payments and car insurance. I also have a storage unit that I'm going to lose if I don't get them some money. But I get get the money as I work and don't qualify for financial help because of that income.
I know it's going to at least be a couple days to get a hold of social security to find out what is causing the delay. We just lost my sons father in May. I've started taking online classes for school at night and I don't have time to keep trying programs that I don't qualify for. This is only 1 time... to help me have a minute to breath without losing everything I've fought so hard to keep.
Once I get through this and am financially secure and independent I plan to help other people going through what I am. I have so many ideas I can't wait to devote my attention to, but it's impossible to do that when you are fighting for the constant stress you have. I can't wait for the day that I am self-sustaining and free.  I just need a little help getting there. Please let me know if you have any information that can help! Lacey