Always behind as was born with health problems

State and local government assistance programs.
SandraHawkins
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Always behind as was born with health problems

Post by SandraHawkins »

Hi! My name is Sarah and I live in Mohawk, NY.
I am 28 years old and was born with a LOT of health problems that continues to leave me with multiple medical bills that I can't seem to get paid off.
I work for a nursing home and pay rent, a car payment, car insurance, health insurance, and many other money bills that I am behind on because making minimum wage in my area is rough on any single person.
I do all that I can to be independent and make it on my own but the struggle is real.
I grew up in an abusive home and have been working my * off the last 7 years towards healing. Only recently about 3 years ago, I realized that not only was I physically, emotionally, mentally, verbally and etc. abused by my dad growing up but he financially abused my mom and I and I literally have no money to my name.
I depend on no one for help financially even though my health problems are but, but am doing all that I can to get what I can paid off but no matter how hard I try; I can't keep up and this is stressing me out.
I haven't been able to afford the proper groceries in months that help me with a balanced diet due to my food allergies. I was born with these health problems like allergies.
I could go on and on but I'd rather talk to someone over the phone.
Is there any financial assistance programs in my area that could help me catch up on some bills and without me having to pay them back?
Are there any catholic or church organizations that have funds that could help me out?
I am a handworker and have had a hard work ethic since I was 10 years old. I don't like to rely on anyone financially as I don't want to be a burden yet I am struggling and need help.
A friend recommended that I reach out to you guys to see what there is to offer me where I live.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Always behind as was born with health problems

Post by Admin »

There is a community action agency in Mohawk New York, including Utica and Oneida County. How long have you had the medical bills for from your at birth health problems? As it seems like the medical providers or hospitals would have waived or renegotiated them by now.
Good for you for working, but there are resources out there including the Mohawk Community Action Agency programs.
You will need to call the agencies listed to talk to someone.
SandraHawkins wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:54 pm Hi! My name is Sarah and I live in Mohawk, NY.
I am 28 years old and was born with a LOT of health problems that continues to leave me with multiple medical bills that I can't seem to get paid off.
I work for a nursing home and pay rent, a car payment, car insurance, health insurance, and many other money bills that I am behind on because making minimum wage in my area is rough on any single person.
I do all that I can to be independent and make it on my own but the struggle is real.
I grew up in an abusive home and have been working my * off the last 7 years towards healing. Only recently about 3 years ago, I realized that not only was I physically, emotionally, mentally, verbally and etc. abused by my dad growing up but he financially abused my mom and I and I literally have no money to my name.
I depend on no one for help financially even though my health problems are but, but am doing all that I can to get what I can paid off but no matter how hard I try; I can't keep up and this is stressing me out.
I haven't been able to afford the proper groceries in months that help me with a balanced diet due to my food allergies. I was born with these health problems like allergies.
I could go on and on but I'd rather talk to someone over the phone.
Is there any financial assistance programs in my area that could help me catch up on some bills and without me having to pay them back?
Are there any catholic or church organizations that have funds that could help me out?
I am a handworker and have had a hard work ethic since I was 10 years old. I don't like to rely on anyone financially as I don't want to be a burden yet I am struggling and need help.
A friend recommended that I reach out to you guys to see what there is to offer me where I live.