At wits end

State and local government assistance programs.
Lucy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

At wits end

Post by Lucy »

No help in emergency situations? At my wits end. I live at Tremont street in Salem MA.  I am disabled and low income less than 800 per month on disability, over the past 10 years had 10 back surgeries and a recent knee replacement followed by the other knee as soon as I heal.  Over 10 years ago NASCAP Peabody, MA helped me insulating my home through National Grid. My roof was very bad back then but not leaky so nothing could be done. The past 3 years my roof has been leaking and when the wind blows 30 more tiles blow off my house.  I been asking for help but everywhere I turn, I am refused or sent back to NASCAP in Peabody MA. Who tells me flat out they cannot help me because I had help over 10 years ago and now I am at wits end.
I am very low income and have only with one choice left as I am at the end of the road. It if as my friends tell me and that is to bail out, sell my home, pay back every person that has helped me and go in to housing and have section 8 pay my rent. That is not a choice I want to make. But not being able to get help to stay in my own home has me considering it. If there are any other programs that can help someone like me at the poverty level, I will be happy to receive any information I can get. I have talked to every agency in MA. And no one can help and keep sending me back to NASCAP that says they cannot help because they helped me 10 years ago?? I am at my witts end and cry at just the mention of my roof. If there is another direction to turn to, I would be grateful for any direction to turn at this point. I been sending out letters to every agency in hopes of getting to the help I need but It’s been ongoing for 3 years now without some direction to find the help I need.. Thank you, 
Bucker

Re: At wits end

Post by Bucker »

Hi, my name is Sandra. I am and desperately seeking help and at my wits end too. I'm 51 years old work at a fast-food restaurant. I recently had surgery and unable to go back to work for 3 weeks. This is my second week with no way of paying electric bills and buy food and aspirin. Please contact me at if any way possible to help me or lead me in the right direction for help. It would be greatly appreciated. If you can please give me a call. I really need help. I'm not used to having to ask but in desperately need, thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Too bad to here about your struggles and surgery. Since you have many needs, including for food, aspirin, job training, etc. try our main website here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/index.html
We do not call people though, so you will need to call the agencies on our website. As there are several you can try.
Bucker wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:09 pm Hi, my name is Sandra. I am and desperately seeking help and at my wits end too. I'm 51 years old work at a fast-food restaurant. I recently had surgery and unable to go back to work for 3 weeks. This is my second week with no way of paying electric bills and buy food and aspirin. Please contact me at if any way possible to help me or lead me in the right direction for help. It would be greatly appreciated. If you can please give me a call. I really need help. I'm not used to having to ask but in desperately need, thank you so much.
Sylvia1

Post by Sylvia1 »

Please help me! I'm at my wits end!! All my bills have increased, my rent went up $200 and my pay stayed the same.  I'm 62 years old, and have nothing more to sell. I don't have enough money to pay my rent due 11/5 and I will be evicted.  My electric is due...all my bills are due.  I need emergency assistance please!! Tell me where I can go, who I can turn to!!  If I can get through this month I know I will be ok.  Please help me. At Wits End.