Fell off ladder

State and local government assistance programs.
Joanne
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Fell off ladder

Post by Joanne »

My dear friend got hurt on the job by falling off a ladder. He needs surgery as the result of falling off the ladder. He's in the process of applying for Medicaid to get the surgery he needs. He's also getting food stamp help. He cannot work at all and the job he was working for has no workman’s comp act. The state said he didn’t qualify for cash assistance which is ridiculous...can you help him at least with his rent? Its 700 a month or he's going to lose his place just from falling off the ladder. He's normally a very hard worker but just has had a stroke of bad luck. He also lives in Vero Beach. Please help him or help us find resources that he qualifies for. Got a number I can give him to call and talk to you? Please and thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fell off ladder

Post by Admin »

If he fell off a ladder at work, did he try FMLA? That should be able to give him some short term assistance while he goes through the Medicaid process. Also he can always appeal the cash assistance denial as well or use an advocate. Find more on FMLA. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... leave.html
Joanne wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:28 pm My dear friend got hurt on the job by falling off a ladder. He needs surgery as the result of falling off the ladder. He's in the process of applying for Medicaid to get the surgery he needs. He's also getting food stamp help. He cannot work at all and the job he was working for has no workman’s comp act. The state said he didn’t qualify for cash assistance which is ridiculous...can you help him at least with his rent? Its 700 a month or he's going to lose his place just from falling off the ladder. He's normally a very hard worker but just has had a stroke of bad luck. He also lives in Vero Beach. Please help him or help us find resources that he qualifies for. Got a number I can give him to call and talk to you? Please and thank you for your time.
KhrisDavis

Re: Fell off ladder

Post by KhrisDavis »

I am Creshonda. I am 29 years old. I have a 10 year old daughter and I have one income of 519.00 a month for my daughter and seems like we have fallen off the ladder. She gets her father's social security and I recently had to quit my job in January 08, 2020 and I have no family to help us.
I have rent for 400 a month and water bill us 86.00 and I am behind on my rent 800.00 and I am about to be disconnected from CLECO on Monday due to nonpayment. I don't know what to do. I have applied for jobs. I just need help in any way for my daughter and I and I only get 519.00  a month. We just fell off the ladder and are really struggling now. i have no other income. My rent is 400.00 and my light is 200.00 and my water is 86.00 like. I am going to be without electricity on Monday due to nonpayment. Can someone please help us?