Single mom needs help

State and local government assistance programs.
jus1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Single mom needs help

Post by jus1 »

Hello, I am a single mother in Houston, Texas. I am on foodstamps and medicaid. I am in need of help. I recently got my gas cut off. And now I got to pay another deposit and reconnection fee to get the gas back on. I have my lights on in a friends name since I could not come up with the $300 that they were asking for.My bil has been high and now my friend wants to disconnect the service. I pay $300 in rent plus I have a car note and car insurance to pay. I do recieve SSI in the amout of $463 for my son, since his father was murder in November of 2008. I am a notary public, just certified and was hoping that would help me out with a little more cash but nothing! I just got my high school diploma this year and in need of a job too! I feel as if I am going to loose my mind. I am not sure were to go to get help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single mom needs help

Post by Admin »

Find info on Houston Texas assistance programs. I think try the Houston Catholic Charities or maybe the Salvation Amry. Call them at 713-526-4611 or (713) 650-6530 respectively. While both have limited funds for helping people, they can be great resources to use to learn about all options available to you for help. Give them a call, or stop by their office.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
jus1 wrote:Hello, I am a single mother in Houston, Texas. I am on foodstamps and medicaid. I am in need of help. I recently got my gas cut off. And now I got to pay another deposit and reconnection fee to get the gas back on. I have my lights on in a friends name since I could not come up with the $300 that they were asking for.My bil has been high and now my friend wants to disconnect the service. I pay $300 in rent plus I have a car note and car insurance to pay. I do recieve SSI in the amout of $463 for my son, since his father was murder in November of 2008. I am a notary public, just certified and was hoping that would help me out with a little more cash but nothing! I just got my high school diploma this year and in need of a job too! I feel as if I am going to loose my mind. I am not sure were to go to get help.
Soledad

Post by Soledad »

I have a 8 year old son. I just recently moved to Seneca South Carolina from Ohio. I just received food stamps. They have denied my Medicare which is fine if it was just me but my question is do they have the right to refuse my son because I didn’t think a DSS office could when it came to a child. At least in Ohio the children are covered no matter what but my son really needs that any help would be grateful thank you. Also is there a cash assistance program for Seneca South Carolina? Is their any kind of financial, help getting a job, community service programs here in South Carolina and if so I would like to get information about it. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many community service and action programs in South Carolina. They can probably answer your questions on Medicare and direct you to any day care for your child. You are right in asking for these agencies as many community action agencies can be the best place to turn to for help. They usually have information or referrals on numerous programs and non-profits. They may also know about job programs in Seneca County South Carolina. For more information, click here.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

I am currently pregnant and looking for a job. I have no money and my boyfriend is using the little income he gets to keep us from being evicted and to keep a car to get him to work. I have a friend who attempts to get us food, but she is tight on money and needs it for her bills. I don't know how to get maternity clothes, food, or baby items. I have no idea where to start or where to turn to. If you have any advice or information you could provide me, as I will be a single parent, it would be amazing. I live in Greece, NY near the Greece Ridge Mall. I have limited transportation to places.
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

I recently have found myself homeless with my 5 month old daughter, and I am single. I have a job but do to coming home from work and basically paying rent at a place with no written agreement. I had to move with no notice and there also childcare expenses and its my 4 the day calling out. I need help getting an apartment then I could have someplace for my childcare to take place. I haven’t lost my job. But I am very close too it.
Kornheiser

Post by Kornheiser »

I am doing a project for school in my Diversity Management class. We are given a family with a single mother and we need to make out a budget for them and then present it in class. My family consists of a single wife working at a local newspaper in Marshall, MN making minimum wage while raising a infant and toddler. I was wondering if you could help me.
Would this women be able to get any assistance paying for rent and utilities like water, electricity, and heat? If so would you be able to give me an estimated amount or give me the contact information on who to contact about it?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't answer that question. But we have extensive information on the site about programs for single mothers. There are details on food, budgeting, grants, and more. But that sounds like a great project for your class to take on. Locate our resources that help single moms with their bills, including who to call.
Bryanna Wilson

Post by Bryanna Wilson »

Am a single mom who health is not good. My health started to fail in 2008 when I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, but now am in remit. I ended up getting meningitis the same year which left me blind in one eye. I continued to work until my health started to get worse. Applied for Disability/SSI. I Will not receive benefits until January 2017. My parents helped me to pay rent for the month of July. I just got assistant with paying my electric bill. Need help with rent for August and so forth. If can help, gladly will appreciate. Thank you.
HarryS

Post by HarryS »

Hello, I’m a single mom of two girls. The company that I was working for closed its doors on May 27, 2017. Since then its been very hard to find a job. I receive unemployment weekly in the amount of 99.00. I recently started school and I have to take the 99.00 to keep gas in my car.
School is about to open and I can’t afford to buy my girls school clothes, shoes or supplies. I would like some assistance please, just to get clothes and shoes for my children. I know that funds are limited but I really need the help I will provide receipts for every item purchased. Also I have a disconnect for my lights, a total of 400.00 is due by August 10, 2017. If there is anything that you can do for me will greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You only get $99 for unemployment? Why? Sounds low to us. Good for you for going to school! As far as assistance for clothes, etc. try the Blue Ridge Community Action Agency. They cover western North Carolina, Asheville, Catawaba and nearby counties....which we at needhelppayingbills are familiar with.
HarryS wrote:Hello, I’m a single mom of two girls. The company that I was working for closed its doors on May 27, 2017. Since then its been very hard to find a job. I receive unemployment weekly in the amount of 99.00. I recently started school and I have to take the 99.00 to keep gas in my car.
School is about to open and I can’t afford to buy my girls school clothes, shoes or supplies. I would like some assistance please, just to get clothes and shoes for my children. I know that funds are limited but I really need the help I will provide receipts for every item purchased. Also I have a disconnect for my lights, a total of 400.00 is due by August 10, 2017. If there is anything that you can do for me will greatly appreciated.
DaisyBunny

Post by DaisyBunny »

I need Help. Everywhere I go the government tells me I make too much. I'm a single mother. My whole paycheck plus child support goes to my rent and then my next check and child support goes to pay his child care, car payment electric, phone, food, cable. It doesn't add up. I've tried to apply for even food stamps and they told me I make too much at $13.62 an hours, y rents $862.00. Even before I moved into my Apartment back in April I was homeless moving from home to home and was told from housing I made too much for any assistance. I need some kind of help please!