Made it to one year sober!

State and local government assistance programs.
BLoyd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Made it to one year sober!

Post by BLoyd »

Hello, I have been long term homeless for the past years but now I am sober and on my way. I am now in a Groh halfway house in North East Minneapolis. I just got a job but need to move into an apartment soon. I have just enough to get a place with first, last, and deposit covered but don't have any extra for furnishings. I make minimum wage and work part time, so you can imagine that it took me quite a while to save for a place. It would be much appreciated with info for furniture furnishings for the apartment I am approved to move into. Thanks. PS I have almost 1 year sober!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Made it to one year sober!

Post by Admin »

Congratulations on being one year sober. Maybe try the emergency assistance program in Hennepin County and Minneapolis. There may be some household items, support for drug users, etc. It may be the best option for you. Financial aid and other services may get you out of the halfway house.
BLoyd wrote:Hello, I have been long term homeless for the past years but now I am sober and on my way. I am now in a Groh halfway house in North East Minneapolis.
Wentz

Re: Made it to one year sober!

Post by Wentz »

Hi, my name is Betty. I was just evicted from the oxford house sober living because I could not pay rent due to someone stealing my phone and giving them access to my online banking. Even though I just made it one year sober! I have proof but no one seems to be helping me after the person took all $900 of my social security disability benefits. I am 104 days clean and sober with no where to live having to crash on couches in places dangerous to my sobriety. Please help me find somewhere to stay. I have a 15 year old son I am not able to see until I can get a place and I have an auto immune disease affecting my bladder and kidneys that causes me to be disabled. I am in the process of trying to apply for HUD but need help now.
I am 38 years old, female from Kanawha county west Virginia