Immigrant wanting to go to college

State and local government assistance programs.
Philly
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Immigrant wanting to go to college

Post by Philly »

Hi good afternoon! I have a 12 years old child and I have no electricity service in my apartment also I have no money to pay my rent. I want to go past GED to school or college but I can't afford it as can't even pay my bills. Me and my son been suffering too much sometimes we don't have anything to eat. I just found A job almost a week and half a go and it was hard as many do not want immigrants. But I just got pay 3 days yet because they pay every 2 weeks so I save the money to earn to pay my rent but I'm in process to leave the apartment if I don't pay it?
I got my diploma, GED high school equivalent on 2013 but I'm an immigrant and I can't go to study college. I like school so much and I'm sad because I can't make my dreams come true (study college) hopefully you can help me because I don't want to go back on depression. I was taking medication from beacon health. It's a place lubricated on mentor avenue, I didn't went to my last appointment because I didn't had someone to take me there. I have no car and I live in Painesville please help me, God knows I'm no lying and I need a urgent help to pay my rent and bills and college. I'll be grateful the rest of my life with you. God bless you.
Rperry

Re: Immigrant wanting to go to college

Post by Rperry »

My lease finishes on November 2nd, and then I want to go to college as an immigrant. I pay $1,099 a month. However, my father passed away a few weeks ago and I've lost my almost three years babysitting job last Wednesday. I used to make $1,300 a month and I don’t have enough time to come up with the money to pay for college so I have to move out. In order to break the lease I have to give a 60-day-notice and pay $1,064 before leaving. My utility bills sum up to $596. Right now, I have $345 and I'm desperate to go to college, to be the first immigrant in my family. Thanks for your time. Elaine
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Immigrant wanting to go to college

Post by Admin »

Great for you! Immigrants, or anyone, going to school is amazing and we strongly encourage it. There are scholarship programs for minorities that you can try. Of course they are for the low income, but maybe they can help. And the money can pay for classes, your housing, and other costs too.
Rperry wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:22 pm My lease finishes on November 2nd, and then I want to go to college as an immigrant.