Lost job before the holidays

State and local government assistance programs.
JeanTail
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Lost job before the holidays

Post by JeanTail »

Due to losing our housing and job, only recently my husband started working after 10 long years of disconnect. Thru struggles in our life we aren't going to be able to give out children much for Christmas or a Thanksgiving holiday turkey. I Will Apply for Our Youngest Son Who is in 5 the grade.
He needs toys 4 tots yet other 2 daughters and foster son who is 23 and my father who is 64 is in need desperately of a firmer bed mattress. Not even toys for Christmas holiday but practical stuff until we can get a new job. My 2 younger children could use clothes if an option although we do have almost brand-new mattress. We Could Use Any Hygiene or Cleaning as Well As Laundry Supplies. Anything Would Be Great. Thank You & God Bless All You Do.
tiyoshi

Re: Lost job before the holidays

Post by tiyoshi »

I am going through a rough time right now with my bills, especially my electric as I lost my job before the holidays. With the hard freezes we had in January and running my water at just a trickle. My bill which is normally around $250.00. Is $549.96 just for the one month. I only get $730.00 a month on my SSI, I have rent and a son a phone. Please could you maybe point me in the right direction of someone or some organization that could help. I have never asked before but am now because I lost my job before the holidays, but this new electric bill has me scared.                    Sincerely yours, 
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost job before the holidays

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear you lost your job. There are resources in your region of Darke County, and they are listed here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rogra.html
In particular, try the Community Action Partnership.