Self-employed and not making ends meet

State and local government assistance programs.
Lincoln12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Self-employed and not making ends meet

Post by Lincoln12 »

My husband is self-employed. He cannot make enough money to take care of us. He is 62 and had a heart attack a few years ago. Our youngest son, age 23, recently won his disability case and is getting SSI but he won't find time to apply for health care.
I am 60. For months, I have been suffering from hip pain and can barely walk. I cannot get decent health care because we are not eligible for health insurance. One doctor thinks my problem is arthritis, another thinks it is something else but I cannot get 'tests' because I have no health insurance. I cannot work. I cannot sit at the computer long to do all the 'searches on the internet' that people want me to do. I am not going back to those doctors. Once just raised what we have to pay to $35. A visit! I can't afford that or make ends meet.
Our propane water heater is almost dead. This has been going on for years once he got Self-employed. I must light it and hope it will heat the water. We priced water heaters and found out it would cost at least $1000. To buy, have delivered and install a new heater. Don't have that kind of money.
Our water comes from a well. The water pressure has been low for a year or so. Now, it cuts out and water starts and stops. Can't deal with this.
I have no car, no income, and no help. No one cares. I have been trying for two months to fill out applications for disability and SSI. It took me a month to get them to send me the applications. They do not understand that I have no car and cannot come to their office. They should come to me!
Help us. Please help us. This Tea Taliban state hates the poor and disabled. I am NOT an immigrant. My father's ancestor settled on Long Island before this country existed. I have a college degree but it means nothing when you can't work and have no money.
Sutherland

Re: Self-employed and not making ends meet

Post by Sutherland »

Hi,I was inquiring about receiving any assistance for the formerly self-employed  I was on Social Security DISABILITY and they dropped me, and I need to reapply to try and get it back or I need some job assistance till then. But currently I'm in pre foreclosure and at Rock bottom.  I am a single mother of four children ages range from 6,9,11, and 18. I currently receive heap and snap benefits as well as Medicaid. I need help with fuel to drive my vehicle to appointments. Any kind of help or direction would be appreciated for the self-employed! Thank you Heather
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Self-employed and not making ends meet

Post by Admin »

If you are pre-foreclosure, then try the Bank of America mortgage assistance programs. They have several you can try. But if you were self-employed, you do need to work. The bank will require any applicant to have a source of income in order to get mortgage relief.
Sutherland wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:18 am Hi,I was inquiring about receiving any assistance for the formerly self-employed  I was on Social Security DISABILITY and they dropped me, and I need to reapply to try and get it back or I need some job assistance till then. But currently I'm in pre foreclosure and at Rock bottom.