help with car repairs

State and local government assistance programs.
alisa9395
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help with car repairs

Post by alisa9395 »

i have two vehicles that need repairs and i have no money to repair either one. does anyone know of where i can get help to do this?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help with car repairs

Post by Admin »

What state.city/county do you live in? I need much more information in order to provide details on car repair assistance.
alisa9395

Post by alisa9395 »

i am in lake charles louisiana, calcasieu parish
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your best option in Lake Charles is to call the Calcasieu Parish Community Services at (337) 721-4020. This agency may be able to provide you with funds for the repairs, or they should defintely be able to point you in the correct direction and refer you to other local assistance programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Pat19

Post by Pat19 »

I am currently on disability, but will be training for a part-time job in a couple of months, im doing my best for my daughter and i but im just not making it.Our electric bills have been in the $300 range and my rent is $500 with water and food, car ins and so on but i only make about $1100mo. Ive called United way, Salvation Army and community action center here but they cant help. My electric is due to be shut off today by 5pm with another bill right behind it and i cant seem to get any help.My car also needs some repairs. Credit card debts are high too. Family and children svsc say that they can only pay the last $50 and thats only if they have funds. Do you know of other agencies i could get some help from? I really appreciate your time and help.
Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you called the United Way, Salvation Army and community action sounds like you have made a lot of the right calls. Keep plugging away. Sometimes these places do not have funds right away, but they get money later and if you do not call again you will never know.
In the meantime, for help with heating bills, try a heating oil buying network. More info is here. They are basically like buying clubs and can save you a lot of money each year.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ks_an.html

Pat19 wrote:I am currently on disability, but will be training for a part-time job in a couple of months, im doing my best for my daughter and i but im just not making it.Our electric bills have been in the $300 range and my rent is $500 with water and food, car ins and so on but i only make about $1100mo. Ive called United way, Salvation Army and community action center here but they cant help. My electric is due to be shut off today by 5pm with another bill right behind it and i cant seem to get any help.My car also needs some repairs. Credit card debts are high too. Family and children svsc say that they can only pay the last $50 and thats only if they have funds. Do you know of other agencies i could get some help from? I really appreciate your time and help.
Thanks,