Moving to US from Puerto Rico

State and local government assistance programs.
Queeny
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Moving to US from Puerto Rico

Post by Queeny »

Hello,
I'm interested in more information about your program. I'm currently moving back to NJ Jersey City from Puerto Rico. And I'm looking to establish my family and myself here now and I’m trying to find good child care or head start that excepts Urban League for my 2 1/2 years old cause I’m interested in starting to work. Currently I’m living with my grandmother and would like to be able to find out where I could possibly go to fill out for any low-income programs like HUD, Section 8 , ect. I would truly appreciate any information and help you could offer.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Moving to US from Puerto Rico

Post by Admin »

Hello to you. We have many resources listed for Jersey City. As far as looking for head start or child care, those are mostly government funded programs. They can help the poor, low income, and are often available for immigrants too. Even though Puerto Rico is a US territory, we are not sure how exactly that works when it comes to assistance. But the agencies we have listed should be able to advice.
Queeny wrote:Hello,
I'm interested in more information about your program. I'm currently moving back to NJ Jersey City from Puerto Rico. And I'm looking to establish my family and myself here now and I’m trying to find good child care or head start that excepts Urban League for my 2 1/2 years old cause I’m interested in starting to work. Currently I’m living with my grandmother and would like to be able to find out where I could possibly go to fill out for any low-income programs like HUD, Section 8 , ect. I would truly appreciate any information and help you could offer.
Thank you.
Gamefly

Re: Moving to US from Puerto Rico

Post by Gamefly »

I need assistance with my rent and utilities in the US as I am moving from Puerto Rico. My income has decreased since May 2017 due to my having to retire due to health conditions not allowing me to go to work. I was on FMLA for two years but it expired November 2016. I applied for disability May 2017 and was denied July July 2020. Reapplied for an appeal in July and waiting for appeal date. Landlord served eviction notice in October court date was November 14. 2019 in Puerto Rico
I made agreement to pay. remaining balance due after making a partial cash settlement to my landlord in Puerto Rico and the US. Utilities are 255.00 for last month and rent is 650.00 month. I get 1300-month retirement and 90.00 deducted for federal taxes and 442.00 deducted for insurance My net amount I receive is 875.00 monthly. I have other expenses as well vehicle 446.00. Insurance 116.00. Telephone 103.00 and other debts. I had to take out loans shuck I pay monthly to get this far.  I need help My medical is over 200.00 month due to various health problems and pain center payment and doctor appointments and injections. Sincerely