Damage from hurricane

State and local government assistance programs.
Queeny
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Damage from hurricane

Post by Queeny »

Dear Sir: Hello there. I was given your email information & told to tell you of our current situation, in hope that you might be able to help my family & I, in our current situation. I hate to bother you, but as we are in a dire situation, I truly have no other options. I planned to call you but realized I simply might do much better by sending you a message, instead. I am thoroughly stressed out & quite emotional, I guess you could say. I am trying to hold myself together, bc of my 3 little ones, and I know that I will be unable to do both, this evening. (I need to be strong & not let my kids see me fall apart.) And due to the severe situation, that this is the last night that we have a place for them to sleep, I knew that I simply could do no such thing, but to probably fall apart at the seams. Therefore, that is why I felt it'd be best for me to approach you, this way, by message. I do hope that it's ok & you are not put off by it. Please know that I have to first explain that my husband and I have been renting a house, here in Cape Coral, where we've lived for over 20 years. We have unfortunately, found ourselves without a place to call 'home', as a result of an accident @ our home, that caused myself severe injury & quite a bit of pain.
To explain it best, I was hurt as a result of damages that were incurred by Hurricane Irma, as I am sure you could understand. I know many people have had damages. However, unfortunately (for us), these damages were to be fixed by our landlord. We gave him all of the information of damages & even showed him & his son, the different items, when they had decided to come & see them. We hadn't complained nor fussed about any of damages. Even as time continued to go by, and he never returned, to do the repairs, or send someone else to do so, we waited. We tried to be understanding, knowing that he owns many houses in Lee Co. & probably has so many repairs to do. However, once I was hurt & wound up in the hospital, we were sad to hear that rather than even to be able to talk to him or even know what was going on, we were told to leave, get out, just vacate the house. I must admit, we were more than extremely shocked. (?) We were simply trying to take things one day @ a time, after the injuries and I, myself, was just trying to get back to normal, as soon as possible. With 3 young children, you don't have the time to be sick, or in pain, you simply have to keep going. Ha. As I am sure, you understand, as well. We honestly didn't even know that this person knew of my recent situation & truly never even thought much of it. However, since all of this has happened, we've realized that he was in fear of us complaining of his lack of repairs & possibly causing him problems. (?)
Unfortunately, since "I" am the one who was hurt, I feel responsible for my whole family being thrown out. Because to be honest, if I hadn't been hurt, none of this would have ever happened. We have never had any problems or difficulties with our landlord, or anyone else, for that matter. So, this was just completely 'out of left field', so to speak. We are rather boring people, I suppose. My husband, Frank & I met, while working at Cape Coral Hospital, back over 20 years ago. We were friends first, but eventually began dating, which led to a quick engagement, and finally married. My husband is a veteran & an extremely hard worker, that never rests. We have 3 precious little children together, who are 5, 7, and 10. They are our miracles & blessings from heaven, as I was told by Dr after Dr, that I was unable to have children. So, as I tell my daughter, how I have 'literally' waited my whole life, to get to have her, it is exactly so. She was our answer to prayers & then, in addition, we were blessed with 2 extra miracles, our sons. (I tell my husband, that the 'boys' were sent to keep us on our toes, & to keep us young, since we aren't the typical young parents. Ha. As they do exactly that- keep is on our toes. We’ll all except, for keeping us young. Ha.) But I digress... I am sorry.
Well, if I continue with all the details, you may not receive this email, until next week. I apologize. I just want you to understand 'how' we wound up in this dire situation & to sort of give you some information about us, so you could sort of know a little more about us. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Frank, or myself, would certainly be able to answer any questions that you'd like to ask.
We are staying at a local hotel, Casa Loma. We are paid through tonight. In the morning, we will need to pack up our belongings & our 3 children & leave. We have NO ONE that could help us out & NO PLACE to go, to stay. We've inquired about homeless shelters & have been told that there is at least several weeks on a 'waiting list' before they could even give us any further ideas of any kind of help that they could provide. We are not expecting a perfect answer or anything. We only know that at this time, we have
used what money that we have had & as a result of doing so, we are out of money & out of a place to put our children to sleep safely, at night. We hope & pray that we could possibly get some help with having a few days covered, in order to be here, with our children, a little bit longer. I honestly don't know what else to say, except, IF, we had a car that were running, we would just try to stay in it, until something comes through, on a new rental unit, etc. Unfortunately, after spending a lot of money fixing our van, many xs, we learned that it was at the end of its road, 'so to speak'. We no longer have our van & had been trying to save money to get a new one. This was all 'before' our sudden & untimely move OUT of our home! So that certainly just adds to the stress & despair, of not having ANY possibility of safety, for our children. It is simply OVERWHELMING to both my husband & myself, trying to figure out HOW we are going to provide the next step in this difficulty, for our family. All that I do know is that we've been trusting in the Lord, that he would show us the way & that he would provide a way, to make things work out for us.
We continue to pray for guidance & support. But since we are so close to such a HUGE UNKNOWN, with 3 kids & NO PLACES to go, I am completely at a loss & understandably, fearful on many levels. Even though I am aware the Lord IS with us & he has never left us, I am still praying & trusting in him, I am truly also in a place of fear & concern for the safety of my children & for their state of minds & well-being. As a result of this, is WHY we ask of you, to please help us, in ANY way that you can possibly do so... If you can. We are in in Casa Loma, on Del Prado, in Cape Coral. May God bless you, for taking the time to read this. And we thank you for doing so, as well.
Francheska
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Damage from hurricane

Post by Francheska »

Hey everyone
I know we haven't spoken in a while. But I am in desperate need of help right now and have nowhere to turn. Our home life is
being threatened. Our dogs has been poisoned. We have found out the person we have been renting from doesn't even own this
trailer. The hurricane ripped the roof off and the front awning
down, still hasn't been fixed mold is starting to grow. The
county has gotten involved and that’s how we found out the guy
doesn't own this place.
Since the county has gotten involved we have been getting verbal and written death threats from him
and a few neighbors that he is friends with. One neighbor went
as far as threatening with a knife and is currently in jail.
We have called the sheriff numerous times nothing can be done except putting an injunction on them which is expensive and
honestly feel it’s just a piece of paper. I went to the store
Saturday night and was threatened and harassed in save a lot.
I know there is a lot that everyone has going on but right now with the hurricane
I’m in need of help to move A.S.A.P, we put everything we had
into moving in here on July first. My Mom is helping as much as
she can but can't do much as she has her own bills to pay. We honestly fear for our safety and if I don’t do something and
get out of here I am afraid something really bad is going to
happen to us. Please if there is anything you can do to help
us and people hit by hurricane. I would be so grateful. Miss you all hope to talk to you
soon.