Cruel hoax of assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
GabrielTh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Cruel hoax of assistance

Post by GabrielTh »

To whom it may concern,
It's difficult to believe such a cruel hoax could be intentionally perpetrated on a person reaching out for help and the result could be disastrous. Upon finding the application for the program to assist those in need of housing funds assistance my worker believed his very prayer had been answered. His living situation had become compromised after it was determined he had been overpaid by social security after completing a successful stay in a rehab facility. His rent was now the equivalent of his income.
As he is aged and the job market is what it is he was hard pressed to conceive a strategy that would bring in the few extra hundred dollars he'd need to survive. He had previously been living in his 1981 ford van and not successfully. He frequently required assistance when he'd come up short on food, water, gas and other necessities. As this program was presented by a case manager at an interview on December 21, 2016 the rent assistance for the next six to nine months would allow for him to conceive and implement a strategy that would generate the income required to maintain his living situation. As he is in regular communication with me his understanding was quite clear concerning the rescue being offered by the assistance program offered by the church. When he returned required paperwork to the case worker on last January 13 and was informed he'd be receiving funds for only one month he was dumbstruck. What a bad hoax from the worker; they were so cruel. This was not what had been previously offered and his friend who had accompanied him on the previous appointment assured him that a one month assistance was not what had been communicated at that time but in fact six to nine months was the program offered to him by case manager on December 21st. Evan fears he may have shared a little too much information about his rough and rowdy past at the previous interview and somehow tainted his profile of the types of individuals the program is designed for.
Nevertheless, this type of program information cannot be disseminated incorrectly from the cruel hoax as it apparently has here, without consequences. Believing he had a stable rent assistance for the next month’s Evan purchased groceries based on the new budget promised him and has wound up with a serious shortfall. His rent will become past due, his vehicle registration is due this February and will require smog certification so it appears he may lose all hopes for shelter of any kind. This change in the original plan as presented could have catastrophic implications for a man who just received an acknowledgment of a year clean and sober. If ever mercy was needed now is the time for him if it is in your hand to do good to one in need.
Mrs.Johnson
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cruel hoax of assistance

Post by Mrs.Johnson »

Hello,
I'm a single mother of two young children trying to get assistance, but everything is a Hoax. The lady that runs the apartment complex we in is trying very hard to bully my children & I out of our apparent. I work PT about 20 hours a week for $7.50 an hour. I attend school at the Indiana Massage Collage. I'm on a waiting list for rental assistance vouchers. I've been on the list for close to a year. What a hoax that assistance in. As soon as the list opens up again I'll receive assistance. It's just a very hard struggle making ends meet until then. I'm looking for emergency help with paying my rent. Please help. I don't want my children to lose their home. I'm at a point where I just want to give up but my kids keep me going. We have nowhere to go and nowhere else to turn in this cruel world. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cruel hoax of assistance

Post by Admin »

Yes, section 8 rental assistance vouchers usually have a waiting list and are hard to get. Same with any help, otherwise no one would work and want section 8 in Indiana. Try a local public housing authority. And learn more Section 8 HUD in Indiana.
Mrs.Johnson wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:08 am Hello,
I'm a single mother of two young children trying to get assistance, but everything is a Hoax. The lady that runs the apartment complex we in is trying very hard to bully my children & I out of our apparent. I work PT about 20 hours a week for $7.50 an hour. I attend school at the Indiana Massage Collage. I'm on a waiting list for rental assistance vouchers. I've been on the list for close to a year. /quote]