Entire family has mental illness

State and local government assistance programs.
Derrick
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Entire family has mental illness

Post by Derrick »

I write to you in hopes of getting some help. I have never done this before please forgive me as I am not good at asking for help of any kind. I am always the one helping others. So I am out of my comfort zone but I am determined to make a difference and teach my boys that it's ok to reach out. I almost never share my private life struggles with many people. I have found this approach makes me suffer alone and in silence. It doesn't need to be this way. So I begin here.
Last December I asked my husband to leave our home which we shared with our two kids. My soon to be ex-husband suffers from mental illness and stopped treatment and his meds. The previous two years my boys and I have suffered emotional abuse as a result. When I asked him to leave us finally felt safe. I never thought of what we would suffer in the year ahead. He wiped out our joint accounts maxed credit cards and paid 100 a week for child support. Also leaving me with all the bills. I am disabled and unable to work. I applied for Social Security Disability insurance. Which I didn't get because I haven't worked enough.
I stayed home with my boys. My youngest has Autism and my oldest ADHD and serious mental health issues. The three of us have hypogammaglobulinemia (a form of the bubble boy syndrome like the movie that starred John Trovalta) we get monthly IVIG (intravenous gamma globulin or antibodies). A nurse comes to our home and starts IV on both boys and I get weekly sub of antibodies from donated blood. This keeps us somewhat healthy. I then applied for Social Security. I was denied the first time and am now in appeal. My attorney tells me that everyone gets denied the first time. So ten months later and a stack of bills.
I get 400 a week in child support, although my husband makes over 10,000 a month and that is court ordered. I am always begging him for more money which is sad. I had help in the beginning and still get help for the needs of our dog. A friend pays my cell phone and cable bill every month for the past ten months. I get food stamps at 357 dollars which really isn't a lot. In my town we are only allowed to go to the food bank once a month. My electric bill is 1000$ because we had to use our central air over the summer. I am on a budget plan and that is 200 a month which is still a lot for someone without income. We all have asthma and a long list of other medical problems pages long. I recently got diagnosed (last Monday) with pericarditis. This is an inflammation around the heart. When I didn't improve I saw my doctor again and an echocardiogram was done which showed two leaking valves. I was ordered medications and bedrest. This has spread to my left lung and it drops my oxygen levels to 89.
I also have a herniated disc in my lower back, osteoarthritis in my lower back and hip issues. I need to see a neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks. This is just the past few weeks. Because I was sick I contacted our local food bank for a thanksgiving basket which was too late. I missed the deadline by a couple of days. Because he left me with the bills I barely have enough to cover bills. Those bills are mounting and the holidays are looking very bleak for us. I am on medical which covers some copays but not everything. Between the three of us we see over 30 doctors. I see the most and have the most health issues. I was diagnosed with the immune system issue until after my youngest son was born. My organs have suffered as a result.
I hope you can help our family during this difficult time. I have maxed out my credit cards for food, medication and even school clothes for our son. My mom bought him a winter coat and she doesn't have much. She couldn't see her grandson without a coat but he needs winter boots. He will walk to the bus stop in the snow soon. He has special dietary needs and although he gets free lunch it isn't the foods he tolerates so I pay for some of that. It's overwhelming for one person who is ill to try and keep our home and provide basic needs. My house is going up for sale and we don't even have another place to live. The section 8 list is closed I am waiting for the housing choice option to open up as well. I hope you can help us during this rough time. We would be forever grateful. Sorry this is so long but this is just a tip of the issues we struggle with. Although this is difficult for me I have to teach my boys that it's ok to need help and ask for it without feeling embarrassed. Any help I receive cannot be put into my checking account as any money going into my account would affect Social Security. We struggle with just basic needs like paper products and laundry soap which cannot be purchased with food stamps. Thank you. Address North Kingstown RI 02852. We would appreciate any help you could give for food, clothing, or holiday help, help with paying bills
Sent from my iPhone
Emilie
anti spam: Blue

Re: Entire family has mental illness

Post by Emilie »

I am a single mother of 4 ages 13, 12, 4, and 3 with mental illness in my family. I am currently out of work but I am a student I start my classes July 13, 2020. My degree I'm studying is for my bachelors in health management. I am currently receiving snap benefits and Medicaid because you am unable to take care of my children financially. My kid’s dads don't help me support them at all. I am behind in all my bills and I need help badly I am trying to better my life by going back to school but I can't seem to concentrate on school because I stress so badly about bills. I have been struggling with depression and I'm about to make an appointment because I think I maybe bipolar. Mentally I am exhausted and I try to do the best I can for my children. My children also show signs of being bi-polar or other mental illnesses and we all have it.
I am in section 8 so I stress so much because if I don't pay my bills I can get evicted from my house and then me and my kids will be homeless. Please help me I am in desperate need. I've had electrical problems that caused my bill to sky rocket to the point I can't pay it. I had a water leakage problem that caused my water bill to sky rocket. I have a minivan that constantly needs work and I can't afford my car insurance and I have to have internet because I'm taking online classes and I can't afford to keep that right now. I am really going through a lot if you need more info please contact me as soon as possible I can't find any other help from anywhere. Thank you and God Bless You!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are government and non-profit assistance programs for people with a mental illness. Grants, medical care, employment, and more may be given out. But the main thing is to get mental health counseling. As that is the only long term solution (along with medications) that may help. Find the programs here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ition.html
Emilie wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:36 am I am a single mother of 4 ages 13, 12, 4, and 3 with mental illness in my family.
Euro

Post by Euro »

No name is Amy, I need help. A friend of mine was able to help me get out of a mental/emotional abusive 20 year relationship. I'm unable to stay  where I'm at now while I’m trying to get to my sister's house in Amarillo Texas. Will you please help me with temporary shelter as my entire family has a mental illness. 1 maybe 2 nights max, I'm getting a bus ticket to her house. I have been blessed with the ability to leave and I am terrified because I have no place to go until I get my bus ticket to sister’s house. I'm in Washington Missouri, please help me.        Thank you and God Bless,