Threats from ex

State and local government assistance programs.
Mandarin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Threats from ex

Post by Mandarin »

VICTIM:
My ex-husband, and I have tried to remain friends, through difficult times, and we try to help each other as much as we can. He is on SSDI, and has a mental disability and is now threatening me; and I am on SS and have a physical disability; we are both seniors.
He moved into a rental place, with a roommateapproximately 45 days ago, at Jacksonville FL, 32254-1915. His rent was due and was paid for on the 3rd of the month, at $280 per month, and he has receipts to prove it.
Everything he owns was at that house, including new Christmas things I bought for him for his place (and gave to him early; I have receipts), all his food from the recent Hurricane Irma DCF relief fund, for $370 (he spent $310 of it; but normally receives only $16 a month in food stamps. I took him to the store and he stocked up). That morning, he just bought more food, $70 in tobacco and papers to roll his own cigarettes, and he had his 2 rolling machines too, etc.
When I took him back home to his rental on Friday, 6-4-19, to pay rent, his roommate had broken into his room and stole some of his things the roommate took the air conditioner out of his window to get in. Their neighbor, "Hank", saw him do it. "Hank" told him that the girl said, "He locked himself out"; which was a blatant lie!) He called the police, at approximately 3:00 PM, but when they came out, they said they couldn't do anything about it, and his roommate was not there at that point. (He called me, and I turned my car around, and went back to try to help him and lend moral support; after I had already dropped him off once, after he bought his cigarettes and more food when we were out, plus going to Community First Credit Union, to withdraw money for November's Rent, as Talmadge wanted to be paid in cash.)
About 10 minutes later his roommate showed up and just went completely berserk! He threatened to kill him and he was locked in his bedroom. He took his things, that were outside his room (in the kitchen and dining area), and started throwing them outside to the curb, making sure he broke anything he could, while he danced crazily, laughed, and sang right in front of my car. I felt so helpless to do anything (I have a physical disability, so I couldn't even try to retrieve any of Charlie's things either. I was also concerned that the roommate would attack me.). At one point, Talmadge was singing out that he was going to kill me, too. He and I both called the police numerous times, told them what Talmadge was doing, that we just found out that he smokes weed heavily, and that he threatened to kill both of us; they did not show up for over one hour and 15 minutes! Meanwhile, Talmadge was trashing all his things!)
The roommate broke his bedroom door down. He proceeded to take his 32" color tv, smashed it to pieces in the front yard, then pulled his * out, publicly exposed himself, and urinated all over the tv, while neighbors, him and I watched in horror! He drugs everything out of his room and threw it to the curb, in a heaping mess, while smashing and breaking what he could. He and I were both devastated and I was crying.
The police (finally), and the roommate's Father both showed up due the treat from my ex husband. His Father got nowhere with him. He said his Son was off his meds and needed to be Baker Acted to a mental facility. (He also gave Him his number in front of the police; as he owns the house they were living in.). The police, after taking well over an hour to show up even, said Talmadge did not "meet the criteria" for Baker Acting him, while letting him know that it was not safe to stay there. How much more evidence did the police need?! We could not believe our ears! Does someone have to get beaten up or die before they'll take Talmadge?! The police could have prevented all of this from happening to him, who is mentally impaired and a senior, and I am physically impaired and a senior, but they didn't!
I had to find shelter for him for the night (as I live in a senior facility, and could not bring him there). All he has is the clothes on his back now...and that's it; he is so devastated, overwhelmed, traumatized, and inconsolable; he does not know what to do. Everything is gone, including personal papers, memorabilia, electric and hand tools, bed, bedding, pots and pans, his irreplaceable dental tools, $310 plus in food, paper and staple items, new towel sets, small appliances, speakers, clothes, shoes, etc., etc., etc. (We are trying to compile a list for filing charges for Civil Court, as the officers and Talmadge's Father advised.) He is afraid the roommate will try to use his SSN # from his mail and any other important paperwork, documents etc.; as he could not even try to retrieve the rest from his room. (HE doesn't even have an address to forward his mail to, as he is homeless now, and I can't have it here to my senior’s apartment.)
We did not leave the address on until 6:00ish PM! It was too late to get him into a shelter, and we couldn't contact anyone until Monday morning (6-06-19) for help, because offices were closed, since it was Friday night.
(I tried to contact the roommate Belling lea, Sr., by texting him on Saturday morning, 6-04-19. As of Sunday morning, I haven’t received a response.)
Can you please help him as soon as is humanly possible?! I would really appreciate anything you can do to solve this threat from ex, or advice you can give. He just doesn't know what to do, or where to go now. Like I stated before, he only has the clothes on his back now...and is devastated, overwhelmed, traumatized, and inconsolable over all of this. This is just too much for him. (Fortunately, he has an appointment with his Psychiatrist, early Monday afternoon, 7-1-19.
Thank you for your help!
Buble

Re: Threats from ex

Post by Buble »

I am recently a single mother to a one year old and a two year old. Their ex father threatened me then left me and I'm jobless and am going to start attending school this month. I need help paying my dentist bill ($250). We live with my grandma who is also going through hard times and cannot help. I'd really appreciate it if I could find some help with my bills as my ex who threatened us will not. Thank you, God bless.
Bosch

Post by Bosch »

Please contact me as I am  going through a terrible 37 year divorce.   The ex had to leave my home, November 23, 2016.  My ex-husband threatened to kill me the night before I left.   He was an abusive spouse for many years,  but I stayed for our only child's sake.   My son,  who is currently 19, but was 16 when I left,  stayed at home.    My husband  refused to leave the home so I  moved in with my mother.   I'm 51 and my mother is 73, she has lived alone for many years since my father’s death in 1980. 
During his service time with the United states Air Force in Vietnam he was medically retired due to exposure of Agent Orange chemicals used in Vietnam.   He lost his battle for life,  due to his war related illness,  at the young age of 36.   It was a very difficult for all of us. After spending two years back home with  My mother,  she evicted me in February.  
She then moved me to a warehouse unit,  which she owns,  and supplied me with essentials such as a bed,  refrigerator,  etc.   Now she  has demanded I  leave and has had the electric shut off on my units only.   No one is supposed to be living here,  which I'm not the only one.   My mother is very aware of the other tenants living here but I'm the only one she has been persistent to have vacate.  
I need help!   I live on a fixed income,  as I was diagnosed in November of 2011 with 7 nondurables 2nd generation of Agent Orange diseases.  I had to fight 7 years to receive my disability from Social Security.   I plan on filling for full VA benefits,  but felt it best to wait until my divorce is final.   I desperately need a place to live,  which I can afford and is safe for me and my service dog.    I have received disability for over 5 years and receive a direct deposit on the  3rd of every month.  
I have had to continue to pay attorney fees, and any bill with my name,  which my husband forwarded to me.   It has left me with very little to live on and nearly nothing but a few groceries,  gas and insurance for a temporary  vehicle my sister purchased for me.   Which I must pay her back for.    The car has had many issues after only driving for less than two months.   After my extensive research,  the car  was a condemned vehicle with over 500 issues reported. It is from Virginia Beach and was flooded during the 2005-2006 hurricanes.   I have continued to have to invest in constant repairs,  with money I don't have allocated for this.    The vehicles main issues continue to be related to electrical and fluid distributing throughout the engine.  
  But I'm  in no position,   since my first divorce attorney I hired took me for $7000 dollars.  Which later I have learned she had to have been working with my ex husband’s attorney and I plan on seeking legal assistance in retrieving the money spent due to her breaching our contract.   I had to sell my paid for 2007  Chevy avalanche at her request,  for a second retainer to her with no explanations or proper documentation through billing to show the expenses from her.  
I have  currently hired a new attorney who is seeking fees from my ex husband for the threats and bills,  but ultimately if he is not court ordered will not pay.   Then her 5000 retainer becomes my responsibility.   My new attorney has asked the courts for emergency relief,  but was denied until the financials have been turned into the courts and have been reviewed.   My husband was ordered in 2017 to turn in,  but has yet to do. We do have a court  date scheduled for September 16.  I have nowhere to go until then.   My attorney is in hopes the judge could possibly grant temporary relief,  if his financials are turned in and the judge may review and award prior to our court date.   But this is not guaranteed.  I need help now.   I will only need assistance for a short period of time until a court order or ruling in September.    Unfortunately, my husband has refused thus far to turn over  his financial,  which has been ordered since 2017.  I understand they are being worked on,  but still not released.   I'm currently revising mine,  as my first attorney failed to turn in what I reported. My new Attorney and I  feel confident that I should get what I'm asking for and possibly more.   But it is in the courts time frame and my husband.   This could still take a few months.   I desperately need help with down payment,  electric and rent for a place to live until the courts order different.    I am a  disabled,  and my mother knowing this has still had the electric cut off last week,  only to my units.  She still,  knowingly knows there are others living here,  but consistently wants only me to vacate.     Please,  I need help or suggestions of where to turn for Help especially someone in my condition who was threatened.       I had a career and have worked hard since I was 16,  never having to depend or ask for help.   This is very difficult for me,   but at this unfortunate and unforeseen  time in my life,  I have no other options.   Please,  any suggestions,  leads,  or assistance would be a God send at such a very difficult time in my life in dealing with threats.   Thank you so much and I look forward to your response.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Based on those ages (51 and 73) and your need, try Elder Law Attorneys. They often help older Americans. Dealing with threats and maybe even a divorce may be possible - call and ask. Also be sure you report this to the authorities - police due to the threats. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rneys.html
Bosch wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:31 am Please contact me as I am  going through a terrible 37 year divorce.   The ex had to leave my home, November 23, 2016.  My ex-husband threatened to kill me the night before I left.   He was an abusive spouse for many years,  but I stayed for our only child's sake.   My son,  who is currently 19, but was 16 when I left,  stayed at home.    My husband  refused to leave the home so I  moved in with my mother.   I'm 51 and my mother is 73, she has lived alone for many years since my father’s death in 1980.