Herpes and HIV

State and local government assistance programs.
ChristineLag
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Herpes and HIV

Post by ChristineLag »

Fergus falls MN 56537
I have medical issues with oral Herpe sores on my lips and employers discrimate me and do not like them and costly HIV medical bills. We are a family with 6 kids and 1 on the way. I (father) had a heart attack in 2017 and got a MRSS infection from the hospital which was treated with Bactrim. The Bactrim caused me to get Stephen Johnson Syndrome which caused me to develop Agoraphobia. To top to vs off in 2014 my ex gave me HIV and Herpes.
I also have many health issues including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, depression, general anxiety, and acid reflux. These events caused me to become disabled so I receive SSDI. Unfortunately my income is currently the only income my family receives. My other half (the mother) has been out of work for 6 months due to complications during her pregnancy. She is due October 21 2019.
We are surviving on my fixed income but we lost are car due to repossession in June. We live in rural Minnesota with no clinics for the permanent Herpes condition or the HIV and our only way around is from her mother but her health causes driving to be difficult so she isn't able to help as much as we need. We desperately need a vehicle but we both have ruined credit and can't get approved for any loan to get a car. The fixed income also makes it impossible to come up with enough money to buy a car. Please help us get into a vehicle so we can get back and forth to our doctors and also get kiddos back in forth to school related things. My biggest fear is we will go into labor and not have a vehicle to get to hospital as well as to get us and baby girl back home. We have relied on donations from the community for almost everything. We literally had nothing and have slowly been donated clothes, food, household necessities. We barely get by and many times have absolutely no money for food, toilet paper, water, medical for my HIV, and our bills. We could really use help and I hope you can provide that help we desperately need. I could tell you so much more but I'm trying to be brief. Thank you for your help.
Red Smith
anti spam: Blue

Re: Herpes and HIV

Post by Red Smith »

Good Morning,
My name is Amber and I live in Ventura County, Camarillo and I have both HIV and herpes.
I found some of your information online regarding help paying bills to those of us who are struggling.
I became disabled in my 30's from HIV and although I receive SSDI, I get only $962.00 a month. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, I have no others means to try and bring in some extra money.
I currently owe, from previous months to current, the electric, gas, water, cable, and rent.
I do receive food stamps from the county which helps but they only give me $20.00 for nonfood, household items such as toilet paper and paper towels, medications for Herpes and whatever else may be needed.
Is there any help for a situation like mine? if so, is there a long wait period? I am in danger of having utilities turned off.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Herpes and HIV

Post by Admin »

Since you have two chronic/serious medical conditions, you may want to try a free community clinic. As there are many in California and Ventura County. There are treatments for many medical conditions. If the clinics can't help you, maybe they can refer you.
Red Smith wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:36 pm Good Morning,
My name is Amber and I live in Ventura County, Camarillo and I have both HIV and herpes.
I found some of your information online regarding help paying bills to those of us who are struggling.
I became disabled in my 30's from HIV and although I receive SSDI, I get only $962.00 a month. Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, I have no others means to try and bring in some extra money.
I currently owe, from previous months to current, the electric, gas, water, cable, and rent.
I do receive food stamps from the county which helps but they only give me $20.00 for nonfood, household items such as toilet paper and paper towels, medications for Herpes and whatever else may be needed.
Is there any help for a situation like mine? if so, is there a long wait period? I am in danger of having utilities turned off.