Order of protection

State and local government assistance programs.
Coastal
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Order of protection

Post by Coastal »

I had to get an order of protection against my husband of over 30 years for me and my daughter. Now that he is gone, I am locked into a rent for the next year, I cannot afford on my own. He keeps losing jobs, so no child support. I have no idea what to do, any suggestions?
Karissa Kane

Re: Order of protection

Post by Karissa Kane »

I have been bullied for four years and now need an order of protection.
During this time period, I lost my home in a fire. I had a person charge their student loans with Navient to me. Navient harassed me by phone for these loans and my credit rating was damaged, which cost me jobs.
I was bullied at the Salvation Army in Cedar Rapids due to my disability. I was emotionally abused and expected to provide resources at my expense and upon demand. I was kicked out when I reported the situation to their headquarters. I am a senior Citizen aged 64. I live on SSDI.
I injured my back in a fall at a job site as a temp worker.
Most recently, I fell on the bus because the step was too high. With my back hurt, I cannot climb stairs if they are too high or steep. If the step is too high, it strains my back when I try to get off the bus if the step is not lowered.
Drivers would tell me that unless I had a cane, walker or wheelchair, they could not help me.
I had to go by ambulance and need help with the bill.
I considered suicide at times, because I was tired or the bullying and not being to get help or support.
My home was damaged during the Derecho we had in August 2020. I still need help repaving my damaged driveway so I do not fall and reinjure my back.
I hope my sharing my story we can get advocacy and strengthen laws:
AntiBullying
Elder Abuse and Financial Exploitation
I hope these can be incorporated into Elder Abuse laws and the Americans with Disabilities Act and that I can get an Order of protection.
I hope also, we can educate groups and individuals how these abuses impact and affect a person's life.
Angie Shamya

Post by Angie Shamya »

Hello
Let me introduce myself, my name is Darian and I have 3 children ages 6, 18 months and 7 months. We are currently in need of desperate help to get an Order of protection..
On Thursday (October 19, 2023), I had to put an emergency restraining order of protection on my children's father that we were currently living with. The situation escalated to me having to protect the children and myself. And when the police tried to serve him with the restraining order papers, he refused to open the door, which my 2 youngest were inside. It was a very scary situation and stressful. My 2 youngest children were missing. With lots of praying and keeping the faith i got a phone call that, he was at the local McDonald's and to come get them. I was so happy and relieved that, they were okay and not harm. Since it was night time we were unable to get any of our belongings.
I was told that I need to make arrangements with the courts.
This whole situation of me trying to protect my children and fled from a bad situation has left us homeless, and with nothing we are in desperate need of help, and support resources and lots of prayer!
At the court house, the victim advocate and myself made countless calls to 211, safelink, new hope, dhcd. And even made referrals to try and get any type of help with the Order of protection. But every place is completely full.
I even asked the local police if they had any resources, and I was told they don't have anyone's besides the one on Google.
As my last my resort I reached out to a family member asking if my children and i could come for the weekend. Luckily we were but it was a very hectic situation. And we did not feel welcome the whole weekend, I don't have family support.
I was able to come up with the funds to get a hotel room for my children but unfortunately we have to check out on Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 12. And we will have no where to go.
I have been constantly calling Safelink, 211, New Hope as well as the National Domestic violence hotline. I just got a DHCD case worker that recently sent me the emergency shelter application to fill out as well get a bunch of documents. I did completed the application, but now there is a waitlist. I am asking if maybe you know any resources or if your church is able to help me out for a night or a few nights.
According to the DHCD worker it could be later next week until we're even place.
It was very important for me to find a safe, and local hotel because my daughter is enrolled at Delaney Elementary school, and at this time the school is still able to transport her. When we do get placed depending where we get place she might have to go to a different school.
I am very blessed that my children and I are all together, but I am also very stressed because we do have to check out on Sunday.
Thank you so much for reading all of this
If you could please call me or email me back about help as well as the Order of protection. And help my children and I, with anything we would appreciate it so much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Definitely try legal aid for an order of protection. Since your income seems low, you should be able to get help. Free lawyers are out there for consolations to help stop abuse, help with restraining orders and other support. Read about free lawyers to help low income women.