Savings exhausted

State and local government assistance programs.
JAMIE MARLEIGH
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Savings exhausted

Post by JAMIE MARLEIGH »

Missed a day at work due to emergency room visit, additional day's pay missing from paycheck due to time clock malfunction (will get THAT pay on next paycheck). Car woes exhausted small emergency fund. We are short of rent plus late fee by 410.00.... Facing additional magistrate fee of 105.00 unless we pay by 21 October. Originally made arrangement to pay partial rent on the 1st and 17 of January 2018. The 1st happened flawlessly, but my payday was the 17th. I can actually repay loan by mid November. Thanks for your consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Savings exhausted

Post by Admin »

Yes, too many people do not have an emergency fund. After you make it through this hardship try to save more for a fund.
As far as short term help now, look into financial aid in Will County. There are resources out there to apply at.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

Greetings,
I am a 38-year-old male, currently homeless in Virginia, Emporia county with no savings. I have been placed on a 3 year probation that ends August 22, 2019. Currently I am enrolled in the shadow track program and therefore I am a low-risk non-supervised individual. I have asked for assistance for my probation officer many times I have been homeless now going on 8 months. I have applied for every job within walking distance of the dumpster that I sleep behind at Walmart and I have been turned down for every single job due to my criminal background. I have a fiancé that has some money and savings in Las Vegas to where I have a home, a refrigerator, a bed, and the means to live a normal life. But I have been denied even the chance to be reassigned to Clark County Nevada by my probation officer directly. Today is the last time that I had a bite of actual prepared food was 7 May. I find myself eating from dumpsters, asking people for change after I help them load their groceries or what nots into their car, or just checking the ground maybe someone dropped a quarter or a dime or a penny. Last year this time I was 261lbs, now I'm a skinny 158lbs. I need any assistance especially for food I don't mind sleeping behind a dumpster but if my belly is hollow it makes it harder to bare. Any assistance at all is highly appreciated and thank you.

Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The good news is the job market is booming, and companies are even aggressively hiring people with records, ex prisoners, etc. So being on probation should not hold you back when seeking a job in Emporia County. We have information on short term financial aid and job programs too as you rebuild your savings, and they are here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... __sus.html

cat1 wrote:Greetings,
I am a 38-year-old male, currently homeless in Virginia, Emporia county with no savings. I have been placed on a 3 year probation that ends August 22, 2019.