Hurricane Harvey in Houston

State and local government assistance programs.
World of I
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Hurricane Harvey in Houston

Post by World of I »

Hello, I recently moved to Houston, during Hurricane Harvey my husband and I lost both vehicles and resulted in us becoming unemployed, however we have regained employment and but have not yet got a start date with our new jobs, and we are trying to be prepared with being on time with our rent for April, is there any way we can get some assistance, if so what would we need to do.
Thank you kindly,
Rick

Re: Hurricane Harvey in Houston

Post by Rick »

Hi, I need help paying my rent because Harvey hurricane had took us out here in Houston Texas and I live here at The Residence at the Palms Apartments and I need help paying my rent. It is $870 for my rent and I'm trying to find ways how to pay my rent so I can live in my home and I don't have any finances right now to pay my home and I'm trying to get back to work so I can pay my bills.
Cn you please call me or can you please help me pay my rent and please help me get through this disaster to Hurricane Harvey. I need help with my bills and please email me as soon as possible.. I do have my eviction letters .I will send that to you in the email attached to this message thank you.
Jenessa JJ

Post by Jenessa JJ »

Hello, I live in Huntsville Texas, right outside Houston. I really need help my income is for 2017 was $13,500. I thought I was going to get a more ($166.) on my tax return so I could patch my roof. I applied for assistance through FEMA when hurricane Harvey pulled shingles from the roof and allowed water in the kitchen and laundry room, but I was denied. Well it's getting worse the sheet rock is bulging and leaking from the seams. Mold has formed under the kitchen sink. I am so overwhelmed. I was denied because the property isn't in my name. I have lived here for over 20 year, my grandmother started the process of deeding, she paid and got the survey but, died before she completed it all. What's a slap in the face is when other family members and friends receive funds and they either miss use or really didn't need it. While people like myself barely sleeping trying to think of a way.
 Thank you for whatever you can do if anything to recover from Hurricane Harvey.
Huntsville, TX. 77320
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Anyone impacted by a Hurricane, whether Harvey or another, can get help. The Red Cross, Salvation America, Feeding America, FEMA, local government and many others all work together to assist. Even private employers do too. Find more details on Hurricane Relief programs.
The Fire

Post by The Fire »

Hello,  How are you?  I was referred to you all, because I was affected by Hurricane Harvey. I lost my home, which was my residence, as well as my source of income while I was going through nursing school.  I am still trying to get started building, but I am paying rent, storage, etc.  I was told you all might be able to offer rental assistance or some other type of help.  Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So sorry to hear that. Great that you were going to school, but horrible that lost everything. We do have a list of job programs, housing, and more here, at Houston assistance programs.
The Fire wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:17 pm Hello,  How are you?  I was referred to you all, because I was affected by Hurricane Harvey. I lost my home, which was my residence, as well as my source of income while I was going through nursing school.  I am still trying to get started building, but I am paying rent, storage, etc.  I was told you all might be able to offer rental assistance or some other type of help.  Thank you!