Age for assistance?

State and local government assistance programs.
Preeti P
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Age for assistance?

Post by Preeti P »

Good morning. I am e-mailing on behalf of my sister in law who is a 17 year old single mom. She has been living with us while finishing high school. She is enrolling in a college program upon graduation of high school and wants to get her own apartment. Do we have to wait until she turns 18 to apply for the rental assistance and other assistance available to single mothers? Currently she receives WIC, food stamps and medical assistance. But we are hoping she will qualify for rental assistance as well. If you could answer my questions or direct us in the next step I would greatly appreciate that. Thank you
Hunter

Re: Age for assistance?

Post by Hunter »

To Whom it may Concern:
My name is Barbara. I live in Drummond, WI in Bayfield County. I am looking to find help with my house. Are there age restrictions for assistance?
My husband passed away this year. We were working on remodeling it because he was disabled and told that he would end up in a wheel chair. He worked in the construction field (electrical/flooring/specialized wood working and basic building) since he was 13 years old. We purchased most of the stuff for the remodel. Without his knowledge I have no clue what to do. The house has gaps where you can see directly outside. The walls are started with new insulation but the windows are not in yet. The plumbing is in for the bathroom/laundry area but there are no walls framed or power. I have the supplies to get it done. I am worried about the winter. I can put the sheet rock on the walls and a few other things. I really just need to find some kind of help for someone my age, and I hope my age is still good for assistance. I can't get anyone to even come give me an idea of what things would cost to seal the house. The businesses are so far behind do to COVID-19.
I know that you will have me fill out paperwork to qualify if there is help available. Please let me know.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Age for assistance?

Post by Admin »

There are many financial aid programs, free items like home repairs, benefits, Medicare programs and more for seniors or older people. In general, the age for that type of assistance is around 60. But it can vary. Find more info on government benefits for people over 60.