Break out of poverty cycle

State and local government assistance programs.
Ozark
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Break out of poverty cycle

Post by Ozark »

To Whom It Might Concern,
I am writing to you with the hopes of being able to find help with the current situation I find myself in recently.
I am and have been a single mother for quite some time in poverty. My youngest is 18 and still lives at home. My daughter recently moved out of my home and is living on her own now. Even though I work very hard I am still living way below the poverty line and because of this I receive section 8 assistance. Recently my voucher was converted from a 3 bedroom voucher to a 2 bedroom voucher. Section 8 does not help cover the deposit on a new apartment or moving costs. I am currently paying all of my income just to pay for the rent on my place.
To make matters worse my vehicle was recently totaled in a car wreck that was not my fault. I also had my driver's license suspended due to the actions of an ex-boyfriend who was driving a vehicle that was registered under my name. The same ex-boyfriend also had unpaid parking tickets that my wages are now being garnished for. Oh, and the person who totaled my vehicle is suing me for $7,000.
What do I hope that you might be able to help me with as I want to break out and not be a poverty stat? I need help moving into a two bedroom apartment that accepts section 8. I can't save for a deposit when all my income goes to rent. I need more income. I have other bills as well and every month I get further behind. Please, if you can help me in any way please let me know.
Bobbyt

Re: Break out of poverty cycle

Post by Bobbyt »

Hi. I've been trying to reach someone in the Scranton area to see if they can help me with my water bill. I lost my job over a year ago and I’m way behind on my bills and trying to end my poverty I have a 1000.00 water bill I need help with. As of the 13th of July they are going to shut it off and evict me. I can put some money towards it, but I need some help paying on it. I have called every resource that I could find, and they tell me that there is no money available for my area which is Lackawanna County, PA 18403. If there is anything that you can do, it would be appreciated! Thank You,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

A $1000 water bill? You are lucky the water company left it on as long as they did and only now facing a shut off. As that most be many, many months of usage. Regardless, there are Scranton assistance programs. Maybe they can give advice.
As far as the lost job and getting out of poverty, try job training and placement in Pennsylvania. There are centers in Lackawanna County. they should be able to help and give free advice/services.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _prog.html

Bobbyt wrote:Hi. I've been trying to reach someone in the Scranton area to see if they can help me with my water bill. I lost my job over a year ago and I’m way behind on my bills and trying to end my poverty I have a 1000.00 water bill I need help with. As of the 13th of July they are going to shut it off and evict me. I can put some money towards it, but I need some help paying on it. I have called every resource that I could find, and they tell me that there is no money available for my area which is Lackawanna County, PA 18403. If there is anything that you can do, it would be appreciated! Thank You,
Pertyio

Post by Pertyio »

I recently am going through a financial hardship. Being that I do make good money I do not qualify for any kind of low income or poverty assistance. I have a car note that is due which if I don’t pay I could lose my car which means I would not be able to work to get out of the poverty cycle or to pay what bills I am able to pay. I am struggling to pay my rent this month which I do not currently have. I also have my cellphone bill due and I need that so I can find a new job as my current job comes to an end November 15. I was just robbed at gunpoint Saturday for my cellphone which I do not have but have to keep active because the police are trying to find the person. I don’t know where else to turn for help for those in poverty who want to better themselves and break the cycle. It seems like so many bad things are happening to me all at once. I am not sure if you can help but if you could point me in the right direction for any kind of assistance.