Legal issues, police, and police among other issues

State and local government assistance programs.
TimMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Legal issues, police, and police among other issues

Post by TimMac »

Hello I have a good friend in TN in Cookeville or Celina not sure. Her fiancee has been arrested and put into jail for writing bad checks among other things. She is now dealing with them trying to prosecute her as well but she is simply a innocent victim caught up in all the chaos he has created for last few years we don't even know how long. She is homeless now other than the fact this couple decided to take her in and said they would help her in all necessities such as shelter, money, help to and from the court etc. So now she is found out they are months behind on rent and some bills such as water etc and now have gone on the road in a semi truck to supposedly make money to catch up on all bills. They leave her in this house alone for weeks on end to keep house up and feed the 3 animals there and herself on her meager food stamp allowance. She can't even use her finances or food stamps as he is in jail so I assume they are null and void, so this cuts back on her amount a lot.
She never sees people other than at store for food and she has no car. The one they left there has no insurance on so really should not be driven. She has been told now she is to have absolutely NO contact via phone, letters, or visitation of her fiancee for various reasons so as I understand this it shuts her off one more person to talk to. They have started to act and talk to her differently and expecting even more out of her than she already does for them.
She cleans the house, buys and makes the food, takes care of the animals, and kids when they are there. The wife is sickly and has a broken ankle so she has cared for her when there as well. The husband is bi polar and very impatient and has a bad temper so every now and then this surfaces too. My friend has no idea how long this whole legal process is going to take but I think there are enough red flags up now that she needs to get out and away from the current situation asap. She is afraid to say anything to anyone and really has no idea who to talk to.
The couple threaten she is being watched by the police and or FBI so she better not do anything suspicious and just by having her there that they are in trouble now too and if she causes any problems they will kick her out. She has no money or car or family to count on and she has to stay in this area till this whole mess is resolved how ever long that is, but as she is being verbally, mentally, psychologically and even physically abused constantly I feel she needs to be put into a better atmosphere. She needs to have her wits about her and thinking straight so she can handle all the legal issues and questions coming forth soon and where she is now and what she is going thru will not do that but in fact could create mental issues to where it is harmful for her and her unknown future. I am in Florida with my husband and we have financial issues of our own or we would be able to assist her some but all I can do for now is be there for moral and try to find her help elsewhere.
She has all but given up and feels there is no one or anyplace to go for help where she is. I'm asking and hoping you can help me help her or you can help her get the financial help or new home or legal help she needs to survive this mess and be able to move on from it asap. PLEASE let me know what you or someone can do to make this situation a much better one for her. I thank you for any and all help in this matter and await your reply. Sincerely, a very concerned friend....
DaisyBunny
anti spam: Blue

Re: Legal issues, police, and police among other issues

Post by DaisyBunny »

Hello. I am reaching out in a request for assistance, mostly legal aid to deal with police and crimes and trauma..
I am in an eviction process due to loss of income during hospitalizations for brain lesions. I developed them after a severe trauma by a public official.
I am working as a nurse for Head Start. I have a denial from MDHHS for assistance. If I pay the landlord the back rent on February 13th the judge will dismiss the case.
I have reached out to Capital Area Community Services and Capital Area Housing and a volunteer legal clinic, but they are unable to assist.
I am working and I can provide documentation of that, the medical and trauma situation to the local police. East Lansing Police Oversight Commission and a Congresswoman are aware and supportive of the pursuit for justice. Meanwhile, I am struggling and don't know how to proceed.
Thank you for any input,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Legal issues, police, and police among other issues

Post by Admin »

There are free lawyers, volunteer pro-bono attorneys. But they generally do not help with criminal cases. Really only civil. But you can look into them anyway and try.....but it is doubtful. Look here for a lawyer for free representation.