My health is failing

State and local government assistance programs.
Momar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

My health is failing

Post by Momar »

I don't know where to start. I'm a single mother of a 14 year old girl. I was let go from my job in 2016 after almost 8 years. Went back to school with unemployment benefits to become a Clinical Medical Assistant & have been looking for work but in the meantime my health started to fail in some ways. With the loss of 45 % bilateral hearing & the continuous loss of vision in my right eye. As well as a diagnosis in 2010 that I may only have 5 years to live due to splenic aneurysms. So it’s been a challenge at times to work when I become sick.
Then my unemployment benefits ran out in June of 2017 at this same time my rent was increased by almost $200 & I couldn't afford to move so I have been making my rent with the help of family who can no longer help me & the amount of child support I get monthly doesn't cover any of our needs. I am continuing to look for work but now I am far behind in our bills that I'm fearful of our electricity being turned off & that we may be evicted this month due to being short on the total amount of our rent. Since my Doctor has now decided it might be best to put me out on disability temporarily until I can be treated medically for my vision, hearing & life threatening aneurysms.
I'm blessed that friends have helped with groceries & my daughters school has helped with things that she has needed throughout the school year. I'm trying to navigate through the social service programs for health and financial aid in San Diego but I have hit several dead ends with the exception of qualifying for free medical care which has been a true blessing that I'm very grateful for. Any recommendations, suggestions, or help that could be provided this month would be greatly appreciated since I don't want my daughter & me to lose our home. Sincerely
Zach
anti spam: Blue

Re: My health is failing

Post by Zach »

I'm on disability and my health is failing. Just today, I put monies down for an apartment which I had help from a family member. AFTER I gave up all monies I was then informed that I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR WATER. Usually, places come with water. I have no idea what the deposit is for water, meter, etc. I do know do not have funds for this. I cannot ask family member AGAIN for help as that comes across as shifty, shady, know?
Is there any way I can receive assistance in regards the water deposit?
I intend on starting to move on Monday the 8th of July, and also need someone to pack the boxes due to my bad health. If I can have help by Tuesday, I will forever be in your debt.
Please feel free to call me as well as email.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are other ways to get health care too - either free or low cost. Find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _care.html
Medicaid or Medicare often cover the disabled. Or try a low cost ACA plan.
Zach wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:25 pm I'm on disability and my health is failing. Please feel free to call me as well as email.
Thank you,
Thedoctor

Post by Thedoctor »

To whom it may concern:
Need information to apply online or resource for:
LATAP Phone assistance.
Disability SS as part of senior rental assistance (emergency) as my health is failing.
I am 67 years female on disability and my health is failing. Recent financial hardship(s) I am currently homeless(staying with friends) & need my own resident. I've worked all my life & supported myself. Now I need help desperately. I have no family or financial assistance.
Your prompt assistance is appreciated.
Thank you.
Patricia
Pueblo CO
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Patricia
Here is the information on Colorado telephone bill assistance. Based on your message (disabled, age, etc.) you should be able to qualify for resources.
Thedoctor wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:49 am To whom it may concern:
Need information to apply online or resource for:
LATAP Phone assistance.
Thank you.
Patricia
Pueblo CO