need immediate help

State and local government assistance programs.
cathyfig
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need immediate help

Post by cathyfig »

My husband has left me after 30 years of marriage. I currently do not work and he has removed me from banking accts. I live in florida and would like to know where do i get assistance paying mortgage, utilities, food, etc? I applied for welfare and food stamps but due to owning a home (which i can't sell because i live in a cancer cluster)nothing is available for me. I need assistance right now. Can some one help me??????????????
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need immediate help

Post by Admin »

What county in Florida? I need more specifics? In the meatime, try these links. One is for contacts for non-profit law firms in Florida. Be interested to see if something illegal happended there. Sounds that way...

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
cathyfig wrote:My husband has left me after 30 years of marriage. I currently do not work and he has removed me from banking accts. I live in florida and would like to know where do i get assistance paying mortgage, utilities, food, etc? I applied for welfare and food stamps but due to owning a home (which i can't sell because i live in a cancer cluster)nothing is available for me. I need assistance right now. Can some one help me??????????????
mikej23231

Critically sick care needed

Post by mikej23231 »

Hello,

I would like to know how does a person begin with filing for assistance?

There is a family in Iowa with a critically sick girl whose mother quit her job to help with the in-home care of her. This care involves almost around-the-clock care which includes in-home nursing care. This girl's dad just filed for divorce leaving them with no income. They also have another daughter.

How do they begin?

Thank you.
Mike
lucylew

PLEADING FOR HELP

Post by lucylew »

State of Maine
I am currently unemployed and have been beging for help paying my phone bill, electric bill and my rent.
I am currently a victim of the unemployment extention program which hasn't been approved by the Senate. I have written my 2 senators in Maine and have gotten no where. I went to Genral assistance was refused. I haven't paid my June and July rent. I got a notice from thelocal sheriff office to vacate the premises due to non payment. I ahve tried everything to get help. The local housing authority is taking applications for subsidizing housing but it could be up to a year.
I want help, I am PLEADING FOR HELP
Thank you
Charles
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Critically sick care needed

Post by Admin »

For Des Moines and Iows assistance, there are several non-profits, charities, and assistance programs. One of the big ones is the Salvation Army, which can be reached at Salvation Army (515) 282-3599. They offer help for rent, utility and heating bills, and other aid.
Another is the City of Des Moines Community Development Department (phone (515) 283-4180), which also offers various forms of assistance.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
mikej23231 wrote:Hello,

I would like to know how does a person begin with filing for assistance?

There is a family in Iowa with a critically sick girl whose mother quit her job to help with the in-home care of her. This care involves almost around-the-clock care which includes in-home nursing care. This girl's dad just filed for divorce leaving them with no income. They also have another daughter.

How do they begin?

Thank you.
Mike
Admin
Site Admin

Re: PLEADING FOR HELP

Post by Admin »

It is difficult to pay the bills when on unemployment. Try contacting your local Maine community action agency, or branch of salvation army. Also, much housing and mortgage help is also available, and here is more info on the various programs and options.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... orecl.html
lucylew wrote:State of Maine
I am currently unemployed and have been beging for help paying my phone bill, electric bill and my rent.
I am currently a victim of the unemployment extention program which hasn't been approved by the Senate. I have written my 2 senators in Maine and have gotten no where. I went to Genral assistance was refused. I haven't paid my June and July rent. I got a notice from thelocal sheriff office to vacate the premises due to non payment. I ahve tried everything to get help. The local housing authority is taking applications for subsidizing housing but it could be up to a year.
I want help, I am PLEADING FOR HELP
Thank you
Charles
hulcomb

Post by hulcomb »

I am disabled and soon to be without a home as I have been staying at my mothers while trying to locate my own place. She is tired of having guests so I will be homeless as of Saturday 05/01. I have found a place to rent but need help with the money to get in. Please let me know of any help available. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you are facing a foreclosure? Or is it rent? Either way try a mediation program. Basically it is a third party, independent person who will meet with both you and your lender to find, or "mediate", some type of solution. Together you will look into loan modifications, things like deed in lie of foreclosure, and any other solutions. All mediators that deal with foreclosures are non-profits, and the services are free, and oftentimes supported by your local court or other government agencies.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/for ... grams.html
hulcomb wrote:I am disabled and soon to be without a home as I have been staying at my mothers while trying to locate my own place. She is tired of having guests so I will be homeless as of Saturday 05/01. I have found a place to rent but need help with the money to get in. Please let me know of any help available. Thanks.
follow

Post by follow »

I know she will never consider asking for help so I looked up this website and hoping there is something you can do to help her with her bills. She is fighting for her life and the last thing she needs to do is worry about bills and getting calls from the company's to hound her for payments. If there is something you can do please help. She lives in Tucson AZ if you need to contact her to get more information.
PerryK

Post by PerryK »

Family of 5 soon to be 6 has received an eviction notice and has been given 7 days to move. We have lived here for 1/2 years. Our daughter passed away this past December and due to taking personal time and extra expenses my husband and I fell behind. We have no family or friends in this state and are in dire straights. Any and all help we are seeking. Christmas doesn’t seem possible either this year which breaks my heart for my children. Please help if possible. Thank you.
Brice

Post by Brice »

My husband's company closed down in August and he has been looking very hard but hasn't gotten any offers. His unemployment ended, mine ended but I found a job. The pay is horrible and I am still looking for something better but at least it is something however I have had to have three major back surgeries this year and it makes me limited on how much I can do. We barely got past eviction last month and not this month.
We thought we had enough in our fidelity account however when they sent the check for rent for us we didn't realize that the funds had not been put aside and they got spend on other bills. Well the landlord is going to have to file eviction again. We need to pay her $1600 before Tuesday (6/24) or she is filing. We don't have it and no one we can borrow from. I am scared and have no place to turn. We even applied for food stamps and I submitted everything they asked for yet they still denied us saying we didn't submit it.
Treebeard

Post by Treebeard »

To Whom It May Concern, I am going to need Rent assistance in July because My rent went up to 388.00 & My electric Bill in July is 77.00, & I am needing help for the both things. I am disabled & I am low Income.
My friend that lives with me is looking for a full time job, I just need help for the Month of July. Please Contact Me A. S. A. P. Thank you all so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So if you get the money for your rent that free up your disability to pay electric costs? Is that it? So what are your plans to pay the rent on your home in Contra Costa next month in August, and in September, etc. What are you going to do to become self-sufficient. As there is no point in helping if you are asking for money again in weeks. Anyway, try this for short term rental assistance in Contra Costa County.
Treebeard wrote:To Whom It May Concern, I am going to need Rent assistance in July because My rent went up to 388.00 & My electric Bill in July is 77.00, & I am needing help for the both things. I am disabled & I am low Income.
My friend that lives with me is looking for a full time job, I just need help for the Month of July. Please Contact Me A. S. A. P. Thank you all so much.
CMartin

Post by CMartin »

I am trying to get immediate help for myself and my family. I recently lost my job due to the business closing down. The owner of the business was arrested for domestic violence and was not happy with my wife and me helping his wife during this time. He made a false report to cps about us, canceled our payroll checks, sent his friend to our house with a gun, and threatened our friends. We have been able to straighten out all of this and am still waiting for the payroll to be replaced back to us and have been told it can take up to 90 days, and we need food and housing until then. I have not been able to find a new job, and I was recently in the hospital and seeking immediate help. I received a 5 day eviction notice, my wife and I have five children and nowhere else to go and don't know what to do. I found your info online and wanted to see if there is anything you can do to help my family.