Waiting on VA benefit check

State and local government assistance programs.
A3124a
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Waiting on VA benefit check

Post by A3124a »

My parents are currently residents at an assisted living facility in Irving. My dad is a veteran and waiting to receive benefits from the VA that will help pay for this rent in the facility. Their only income is social security which is $1400 per month. Their rent is $2800 per month. I had been helping them by covering most of the rent for them, however I lost my job in May and am waiting to be approved for disability income. I have exhausted all of my funds, including my retirement savings. My parents have exhausted what little savings they have will waiting on VA benefits and the facility is talking eviction if we don't pay them something.
The VA benefit will pay $2,100 per month and retro to November 2014 when we applied. It will take another 3-4 weeks before we hear about when the benefits will begin from the VA.
I'm down to my last dollar. My adult children live with me and we can't pay our rent, let alone help my parents. I don't know where to turn. Please, are there any resources available to help us?
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Waiting on VA benefit check

Post by Admin »

is that senior care? Such as a nursing home? If so, try an Agency on Aging Center in Texas. They may help with benefits, VA, Medicaid, and other resources. In general these agencies help seniors and the disabled.
A3124a wrote:My parents are currently residents at an assisted living facility in Irving. My dad is a veteran and waiting to receive benefits from the VA that will help pay for this rent in the facility. Their only income is social security which is $1400 per month.