Injuries missed income?

State and local government assistance programs.

Have you missed work time - income due to injuries?

Yes - Injured on the job
10%
Yes - Injured outside of job in personal life
No votes
No - Have not missed time
90%

Total votes: 10

Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Injuries missed income?

Post by Admin »

As we wrote about a few times, we do get emails seeking financial help from people saying they are disabled. Or missed work/income due to injuries. But this poll is how many people have missed work and income due to an injury? https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/blo ... ssed-work/
Also, maybe write about your experiences, amount of money missed, impact it had, if FMLA, etc. and we can add some details in confidence as well.
Thank you readers for this and participation in all the polls! We will be blogging more about this as we do from time to time, such as the last one being the results of the financial literacy test. Thanks again! Jon McNamara
JM-Chuck

Re: Injuries missed income?

Post by JM-Chuck »

Rental assistance and food and clothes for my 7 year old daughter and my 6 year old son. I had brain surgery, missed work and can barely see most days we struggle to get by and SSA hasn’t approved me and my job has me on leave and my daughter sees 7 doctors at Children’s Hospital so between my condition and hers its by the grace of God we survive. We had no money come in this month for rent from an income and I’m short 125 dollars for food. I don’t want to be evicted and become homeless again or go hungry. I’ve tried hard to give my children a better life, but I’ve seem to have fallen short please help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Injuries missed income?

Post by Admin »

There are many food assistance programs, as noted here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
We have many federal and state government ones listed. Then of course try a pantry too. Or turn to other social services for the financial help and clothes you need for your 7 year old.
JM-Chuck wrote:Rental assistance and food and clothes for my 7 year old daughter and my 6 year old son. I had brain surgery, missed work and can barely see most days we struggle to get by and SSA hasn’t approved me and my job has me on leave and my daughter sees 7 doctors at Children’s Hospital so between my condition and hers its by the grace of God we survive. We had no money come in this month for rent from an income and I’m short 125 dollars for food. I don’t want to be evicted and become homeless again or go hungry. I’ve tried hard to give my children a better life, but I’ve seem to have fallen short please help us.