Am a disabled man

State and local government assistance programs.
Kelly lynn
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Am a disabled man

Post by Kelly lynn »

HI, I’m a disabled 51 year old man on SSI, I get around $742.00 a month and own my own home, my life partner passed away in 2012 and I have been struggling to keep my bills paid ever since. I’ve tried roommates and both times I get ripped off, the last one robbed me, took meds and more so I'm afraid to try again, I have a limited income so even though my taxes are only a little over $500.00 a year it's a struggle.
Is there anyone out there that can give me any advice on what I can do, if there's any programs for this type of thing, thanks for any ideas you can offer,
Jackpot

Re: Am a disabled man

Post by Jackpot »

I have a section 8 voucher, but the apartment that is available wants $1900 for a security deposit.  I am disabled man renting a room and needing financial help with bills and food.  The person I am renting the room from, has a family now staying with him with 6 kids.  This is a two-bedroom house.  With one bathroom.  I need to move out asap to a more male friendly place.  I have tried to find other apartments for disabled men.  But most are not handicap accessible.  Or don't take a section 8 voucher.  Please help me.  Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Am a disabled man

Post by Admin »

$1900 for a deposit seems very high for a section 8 home, especially in Kentucky. The cost of living and housing is much lower there...in fact it is one of the cheapest places to live in the country. Why does a 2 bedroom house cost that...something sounds fishy here. Anyway, learn more on section 8 requirements in Kentucky.
Jackpot wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:07 am I have a section 8 voucher, but the apartment that is available wants $1900 for a security deposit.  I am disabled man renting a room and needing financial help with bills and food.  The person I am renting the room from, has a family now staying with him with 6 kids.  This is a two-bedroom house.  With one bathroom.  I need to move out asap to a more male friendly place.  I have tried to find other apartments for disabled men.  But most are not handicap accessible.  Or don't take a section 8 voucher.  Please help me.  Thank you.