Looking for help for sister

State and local government assistance programs.
British
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Looking for help for sister

Post by British »

Good morning,
I really don't know how to start this letter but I'm reaching out to you not on my own behalf on behalf of my sister. She has no idea that I'm writing this letter to you ..... I don't know if maybe I'm too late to ask for your help but please I'm begging you.
My sister has three children two girls age 11, 8 one boy Age 6.
Her husband has been very ill. He has a blood disorder and has been in and out of the hospital. She has no way to pay her rent right now or any other bills. She is about $4,000 behind on her rent and most likely will be evicted very soon but by the grace of God the landlord has been accepting $50 to $20 towards rent for now.
I'm not too sure on her bills. I'm not even really asking for money.
I'm asking to try and help get together some Christmas presents or even just some clothes or some little bit of toys...
She is sold basically everything she has to try and keep up with just taking care of daily needs for the family.
The girls have been selling candy canes and baking cookies to try and make some kind of money so far in the past 3 weeks. They've managed to make $75.
She even sold her washer and dryer and is now doing laundry in the bathtub by hand and hang them up to dry. She has had a very difficult time this past year unfortunately there's not much that I can do for her.
I understand you guys must get letters like this all the time. But if there's anything you guys can do I know I would greatly and she would as well appreciate it.
I know she would be a little embarrassed to take it she's trying really hard on her own right now please. I'm begging you with all of my heart ... I called just about everywhere every store, every other center that I can think of. You guys are my last hope.
I am in Pennsylvania and she is there in Columbus.... if there's anything you guys can do or even can not to please call me back or email me.
Thank you for your time,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for help for sister

Post by Admin »

Is your sister in Columbus Ohio? Also being 4K behind, and needing all that help, puts you/her in a tough spot. But look into the Franklin county assistance programs, as maybe she can find what she needs there.
British wrote:I am in Pennsylvania and she is there in Columbus.... if there's anything you guys can do or even can not to please call me back or email me.
Thank you for your time,
Emilie

Post by Emilie »

My sister needs help to pay my past rent which is about 916 dollars and 1520 for January. I am only asking for help for her this time because I had failed behind in the rent and her health is failing due to mental illness at 28. I should try to buy a house for her paying this high rent. I do have a career as a truck driver. so can't give her money If you can help us that help me get caught up in all of my bills , and think you for listening to my story.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If she has a mental illness, or getting one, try therapy, etc. Great of you to try to help your sister. But if you are struggling yourself it may be tough. Also have your siter look into charity or government aid in your county here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ce_pr.html
Emilie wrote:My sister needs help to pay my past rent which is about 916 dollars and 1520 for January. I am only asking for help for her this time because I had failed behind in the rent and her health is failing due to mental illness at 28. I should try to buy a house for her paying this high rent. I do have a career as a truck driver. so can't give her money If you can help us that help me get caught up in all of my bills , and think you for listening to my story.
Gump

Post by Gump »

Good Afternoon,
My sister has stage 2 breast cancer. She was given you contact info from Baton Rouge General Mid-City when she went in to have her 2nd surgery this past Monday. She was told that you may be able to help with bills, rent/mortgage, food, etc. She received her last paycheck today from her employer and she isn't schedule to return to work until December, as she is about to start chemotherapy. I would normally help her out but I am not financially able to do so at this time because I am of work on Worker's Compensation after back surgery. Any help you can extend would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to email or call me or Sonja.