Depression and PTSD

State and local government assistance programs.
DeniseRadford
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Depression and PTSD

Post by DeniseRadford »

Hello
I'm a single mother of 3 and I live off of SDI/disability after my oldest daughter passed away in 08. I was diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety and PTSD.
I have a very hard time saying I need help but I can't let my children go without a Christmas either. I pay 510 in rent andafter that an electric. I'm lucky if I make it through the month so I'm desperately in need of help for them with Christmas. I live in Coleman Michigan and I was wondering if you guys were able to help me at all. I would be so grateful for any help at all if you can please email me back or call me. I would appreciate it more then you know
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
JJackson

Re: Depression and PTSD

Post by JJackson »

Hello,
I am a disabled veteran, honorably discharged from Active duty in 2009, reserves 2011, in need of some financial assistance. I have a situation which happened around August 2017 in Tampa, FL. Myself, son and husband were evicted from our previous apartment which is why we were forced to move to a new location here in Charlotte, NC where I have a friend whom I was in the military with, thought we'd be in a better situation by moving here.
At the time right before our eviction, I was seeing a therapist for my PTSD/Major Depression disorder there at the time and I was never given the proper resources I needed in order to avoid getting evicted. I was pregnant at that time, we ended up losing our baby girl on August 9th, 2016, after being released from the hospital, I was placed in a mental health facility for a week and the day I was released from there I received notification of a disability rate reduction from the VA. It was a lot to take in and being that I had just lost my mom a year prior in 2015, 3 days after my 30th birthday. Financially we were unable to pay the rent increase, my husband's job had ended and I'm on a fixed income. We had another apartment waiting for us here but were unable to get it when we got here so we had to stay with my friend and her family for a short period of time. We were able to find a place here in Charlotte, NC before the eviction hit our credit report but now stuck in this lease which the rent has gone up and if we continue renting here another year, we won't be able to afford to stay without getting behind on either the rent or other bills that we have as well as finding a cheaper place without getting denied because no one will accept an unpaid eviction. I am reaching out to you in need of some financial assistance in getting this eviction paid in order to help my family and me get into a better situation and possibly into our own home through the VA without having to worry about being evicted once again.
I pray you are able to help with this situation, if not please guide us in the right direction of someone who can.
One I got

Post by One I got »

Hi. My Husband and son live in Stow Ohio. Both myself and husband work Full time jobs for over 10 years. We are currently experiencing a financial crisis and are depressed. I can't keep up on my bills. I moved to Stow 2 years ago to provide our child with a better School System was PTSD in old school from a bully fight. Also our jobs are much closer now. We can't seem to get ahead which is very depressing. I was reaching out to anyone for some help. I am behind in my Rent and Car payment and gas bill. Not sure if I'm even emailing the right company. Any suggestions would help greatly. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try a counselor or therapist. PTSD and depression often require professional help...as do many mental issues. There may be free clinics in the Charlotte area. Or ask charities for guidance too...sometimes some like the Salvation Army coordinate these services. Find many other assistance programs i the county too. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ance_.html
JJackson wrote:Myself, son and husband were evicted from our previous apartment which is why we were forced to move to a new location here in Charlotte, NC where I have a friend whom I was in the military with, thought we'd be in a better situation by moving here.