Living on social security retirement only

State and local government assistance programs.
Cliunches
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Living on social security retirement only

Post by Cliunches »

I am in need of affordable housing. I am surely renting a room from my ex-husband but it is only temporary. I receive social security retirement as I am 67 but since I have a felony charge against me I am having difficulty finding housing. I have been denied subsidized housing from several local agencies due to my criminal record (although it was for a non-violent and non-drug related crime). I am becoming very distressed and could use any assistance you can give me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Living on social security retirement only

Post by Admin »

We do have some suggestions for you and ex-husband. But since a felony charge, your options are limited. Criminal record does make it more challenging. But find options if/when social security has been cut, and programs are here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... s_cut.html
Cliunches wrote:I am in need of affordable housing. I am surely renting a room from my ex-husband but it is only temporary. I receive social security retirement as I am 67 but since I have a felony charge against me I am having difficulty finding housing. I have been denied subsidized housing from several local agencies due to my criminal record (although it was for a non-violent and non-drug related crime). I am becoming very distressed and could use any assistance you can give me.
Nashville

Re: Living on social security retirement only

Post by Nashville »

Hello, I'm an elder living on my monthly social security retirement check of 1502. Majority of that goes to rent which is 466 because of late fees I have to pay because of how late in the month my check comes. I have to also buy food mostly from this check because I only get 16$ in food stamps. I have other expenses in retirement to pay for with my social security check such as transportation, medical attention and prescriptions, and other basic needs for my home. I barely have enough to stretch. I need resources to help with rent and possibly medical and prescription expenses. This would help me bring more food in my household and take care other things.