Married wrong guy now struggling

State and local government assistance programs.
Joaquin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Married wrong guy now struggling

Post by Joaquin »

I married the wrong guy. Built a house with him. And have been essentially homeless for two years since our separation and divorce. I've lived in a camper. I've couch surfed. All of the above. And still happily went to work. He and his girlfriend enjoy the cozy abode happily. Yes, I am a statistic. I am a woman who lost everything in the divorce. Including my vehicle. That's a hard truth to swallow or even to speak. Why? Because the stress was killing me. (Literally) and he comes from money. And I don't.
I have continued on and done my best. But recently I've hit a wall. I have $300 in my checking account. My CC has $800 that needs to be paid off. And I am without a vehicle. Recently my health has taken a turn for the worse. I have what's called 'hypothyroidism' a serious autoimmune disease that makes it very difficult to function on a day to day basis. A lovely side effect is depression. I've taken some time off from work to do some soul searching. Now I have returned home. Broke, without a vehicle. Sleeping on a friends couch. Credit card debt for the first time ever. I had an agreement to return back to work but my manager hasn't returned my call (it is slow season)
I don't need much. Some groceries and maybe if there's a program that can help me finance a vehicle. Possibly some assistance with this CC bill. However if it will take a hit on my credit, I would like to avoid that. As my credit was destroyed by my ex and I've worked very hard to get it back. I can forward whatever information you may need. Or openly interview or talk with whomever. I am located in the state of VT.
Again, I'm willing to help myself. I am not asking for sympathy. Rather than taking responsibility and doing what needs to be done in a very real situation. Miracles exist right?! One of the worst feelings I have come to know, is that sometimes your best isn't good enough. Although it nearly breaks my heart to admit that. It's the truth. We all need help sometimes. I have failed in getting back up on my feet after the divorce kicked my butt. Emotionally and physically. I find it hard that my life has turned so utterly turbulent the last two years while my Ex has lived luxuriously and comfortably. Always eating and having a place to sleep at night. I'm young. The world is beautiful. I yearn for peace of mind, peace in my heart. That's all I ask for. I have always been independent with my own vehicle and able to help others. Now, I feel so awful that I can't even help myself.
Well, why can't I ask my parents for help? It's an ache in my heart. But they too, are losing everything right now. Maybe if I can get help back on my feet, I can help my parents be ok again.
Thank you for taking time to read my genuine heartfelt story that has somehow turned out to be my life. Please know how difficult this was to share, to admit defeat and to finally ask for help.
Endless gratitude.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Married wrong guy now struggling

Post by Admin »

So sorry to hear that. Women are not treated as well in this country. Not by courts, child custody court cases, employers (they only make something like 80 cents on dollar of men), not in corporate board rooms, and not treated as well in many other ways. Look at metoo movement as one more example. We would suggest free legal aid, which we have info on the site. I have learned alot about this, and you should be able to get something from divorce, and your details of not getting anything does not sound right or does not even sound possible. Every state has some form of division of assets. As far as your other needs, there are also charitiy financial aid programs since you have such a long list of needs.
Joaquin wrote:I married the wrong guy. Built a house with him. And have been essentially homeless for two years since our separation and divorce. I've lived in a camper. I've couch surfed. All of the above. And still happily went to work. He and his girlfriend enjoy the cozy abode happily. Yes, I am a statistic. I am a woman who lost everything in the divorce. Including my vehicle. That's a hard truth to swallow or even to speak. Why? Because the stress was killing me. (Literally) and he comes from money. And I don't.
I have continued on and done my best. But recently I've hit a wall. I have $300 in my checking account. My CC has $800 that needs to be paid off. And I am without a vehicle. Recently my health has taken a turn for the worse. I have what's called 'hypothyroidism' a serious autoimmune disease that makes it very difficult to function on a day to day basis. A lovely side effect is depression. I've taken some time off from work to do some soul searching. Now I have returned home. Broke, without a vehicle. Sleeping on a friends couch. Credit card debt for the first time ever. I had an agreement to return back to work but my manager hasn't returned my call (it is slow season)
I don't need much. Some groceries and maybe if there's a program that can help me finance a vehicle. Possibly some assistance with this CC bill. However if it will take a hit on my credit, I would like to avoid that. As my credit was destroyed by my ex and I've worked very hard to get it back. I can forward whatever information you may need. Or openly interview or talk with whomever. I am located in the state of VT.
Again, I'm willing to help myself. I am not asking for sympathy. Rather than taking responsibility and doing what needs to be done in a very real situation. Miracles exist right?! One of the worst feelings I have come to know, is that sometimes your best isn't good enough. Although it nearly breaks my heart to admit that. It's the truth. We all need help sometimes. I have failed in getting back up on my feet after the divorce kicked my butt. Emotionally and physically. I find it hard that my life has turned so utterly turbulent the last two years while my Ex has lived luxuriously and comfortably. Always eating and having a place to sleep at night. I'm young. The world is beautiful. I yearn for peace of mind, peace in my heart. That's all I ask for. I have always been independent with my own vehicle and able to help others. Now, I feel so awful that I can't even help myself.
Well, why can't I ask my parents for help? It's an ache in my heart. But they too, are losing everything right now. Maybe if I can get help back on my feet, I can help my parents be ok again.
Thank you for taking time to read my genuine heartfelt story that has somehow turned out to be my life. Please know how difficult this was to share, to admit defeat and to finally ask for help.
Endless gratitude.
Hellen

Post by Hellen »

I’m very low income trying to get back from being homeless for a year. Really could use help with rent. Clothing for my four kids. Right now my kids, who are from a bad marriage, are going back to school and are need of uniform clothing and supplies. I also could use any help that I can get. Waiting for my trial with SSI for disabilities as well as child support from the bad guy I married that I'm dealing with. Please help me and my family.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The back to school programs are kicking off now. Maybe try legal aid for that child support and disability hearing. As far the the 4 kids and clothes and school items, there are free school supply and clothes programs in Oklahoma city. Try them for help.
Hellen wrote:I’m very low income trying to get back from being homeless for a year. Clothing for my four kids. Right now my kids, who are from a bad marriage, are going back to school and are need of uniform clothing and supplies. I also could use any help that I can get. Waiting for my trial with SSI for disabilities as well as child support from the bad guy I married that I'm dealing with. Please help me and my family.
Alicia Reign

Post by Alicia Reign »

I'm not sure if this is the right email of if I would even qualify for WIC or if it's even in Utah. Or what helps women who are struggling post getting married to a dead beat. But would WIC help cover some of the hospital bill? Me and my husband just got married in February and have a baby boy due towards the end of May. But he is not working, and maybe I married the wrong guy due to his lack of motivation. But I was thinking today what could we use to help with the hospital bill because I know we don't make enough to pay it off or have it paid off in a year either.
If you could get back to me that would be great using this email address.