Long term disability on SSI

State and local government assistance programs.
Clipperrs
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Long term disability on SSI

Post by Clipperrs »

Hello, I am in the Treasure Coast area, mainly Port Saint Lucie, Florida 34952-I am disabled and have been on SSI/Disability since 2011. I am 35 years old-I have Systemic Lupus, and suffer from severe Chronic Migraine headaches.
Also, recently I was in a bad car accident which caused great injuries to my neck, back and knee. I have a 12 year old son with ADHD and Asperger’s syndrome-I cannot afford to get into anywhere right now therefore I have my son staying with his grandmother, and I am temporarily renting a small room nearby as there is no room for both of us at either place. I can only stay here till end of summer, and rentals are almost my entire month income! Plus I cannot afford the first last and security ANYWHERE. Worst of all, I have to travel to see my son every day-he is very attached to me and I simply need help getting into a small apartment, and one that I can afford to pay electric, water, gas etc. after on just 1200$ a month. If you have any resources in my area please send info ASAP! HUD has nothing. Nobody around here can seem to help- thank you!
PaulineK

Re: Long term disability on SSI

Post by PaulineK »

Hello
I will face eviction if I cannot find help. I have a 2 year old baby boy. I live in a low income based HUD building on long term SSI. Somehow my landlords assistant didn’t put the income in frown welfare that I received at the time he was born and she said the IEP system they use just caught on and I owe them nearly 2,000 dollars at this point. I have nowhere to turn to. My cable and electricity are also on the way to being shut off again. I get SSI disability. I’m have ADHD and was born with a few mental health problems that I’m getting help for by doctors for my disabilities . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IN THIS MATTER AS SOON AS YOU CAN I CAN AT ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Long term disability on SSI

Post by Admin »

There is housing assistance for the disabled. Some are HUD income based units. You mention cable - shut it off....it is a want and not a need.
Not all landlords offer HUD disabled housing. Learn more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... sable.html
PaulineK wrote:Hello
I will face eviction if I cannot find help. I have a 2 year old baby boy. I live in a low income based HUD building on long term SSI. Somehow my landlords assistant didn’t put the income in frown welfare that I received at the time he was born and she said the IEP system they use just caught on and I owe them nearly 2,000 dollars at this point. I have nowhere to turn to. My cable and electricity are also on the way to being shut off again. I get SSI disability. I’m have ADHD and was born with a few mental health problems that I’m getting help for by doctors for my disabilities . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IN THIS MATTER AS SOON AS YOU CAN I CAN AT ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT.