Leg injured and missing work

State and local government assistance programs.
James V
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Leg injured and missing work

Post by James V »

Hello
I recently, on September 30th broke my leg and shattered my ankle and have been out of a great full-time job since. I have managed to keep up with my rent and bills thus far. AT this time, I will no longer receive any employment nor any other kind of income until I return to work...which means 5 weeks without pay. I do not want to be evicted and I have no alternative source of income and am asking for your help
Can you provide a resource or resources that I could contact? Once back at my full time job, I could repay. I have tried Advocap and Salvation Army. I was directed to you.
Thank you, in advance, for any help.
Mount Pleasant

Re: Leg injured and missing work

Post by Mount Pleasant »

Hi, my family is going to be homeless on the streets Tuesday with kids because I can't pay rent Tuesday and it's a by the week type place extended stay hotel. We have small kids and I had surgery a month ago hysterectomy to remove tumors and repair an injured leg. In scared we've called 211 Churches not getting anywhere with anyone. Who has resources to help? I don't even have a vehicle. I don't know what to do right now. We need help do badly just for a week until husband can get a full check this week and we get surgery for the leg and hysterectomy. Pplease finally us via email, thank you God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Resources to help come and go. It can change based on the day, donation levels, government grants, and many other factors. The fact is that churches as well as charities have limited resources and no one is entitled to help. But try, and locate these Orlando churches.
Mount Pleasant wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 am In scared we've called 211 Churches not getting anywhere with anyone. Who has resources to help?
Nirvana

Post by Nirvana »

My name is John Lerke and I am a disabled (leg amputations) senior living with my wife in Oakland County Michigan. I contacted your information department yesterday (11/01) seeking information on low income assistance and was responded to in what seemed like no time at all (my many thanks for that).
You E- mailed me with a quantity of information, but when I was trying to transfer it to a different file, I accidentally deleted it. If you would please send this information to me again, it would be most welcomed. I do hope to hear from you soon and again my thanks. John  P.S.  I contacted my son Jarrod who is in the Marine corp and who's job it is to program drones in the middle east and had him advise me as to what I did wrong. I intend not to repeat the same mistake. Respectfully, John
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry you hurt your leg during this tough time. We do recall sending you information yesterday. As indicated, there is financial help in Oakland County MI which you may be able to turn to for support. Maybe they can help you with your bills while the disability payment is adjusted.
Nirvana wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 am My name is John Lerke and I am a disabled (leg amputations) senior living with my wife in Oakland County Michigan. I contacted your information department yesterday