I live in Suffolk County Long Island

State and local government assistance programs.
WilBoom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I live in Suffolk County Long Island

Post by WilBoom »

To Whom It May Concern At Need Help Paying Bills:
I is in dire need of financial Assistance to pay the on-going rent at my current location in Suffolk County, Long Island New York
I have been on the waiting list for South Hampton Housing Authority for Five Years now in October 2018. I lost my housing Allowance with Suffolk County Department Of
Social Services, In Hauppauge, New York; on October of 2016. When I first received the discontinuance of assistance letter. I contacted Nassau/Suffolk Law Services,
And they told me that there is nothing that they can do, because you have excess income. I receive Social Security Disability Benefits for working status, and I am a paid volunteer at
Assistant living Pleasant Gardens, in Bayport, New York as a cleaner and Set the tables for the residents to eat lunch,
Due to my anxiety/Panic disorder it is very difficult for me to be around people for a very long period of time.
Therefore, I only work on Mondays for Three Hours and on Tuesday for Three Hours, and my pay is, Bi-weekly for 12 hours worked.
The same for when I volunteered at the hospital on Long Island for my internship. I worked only one day, for five to six hours for five months.
Now that my internship is completed, I am looking into working at the funeral homes to assist with Medical Filing, Embalming, and Cremation Assistance.
This is a place where I do not have to worry about too many mistakes within this type of profession.
I have struggled with Mental Illness for a very long time, and my illness has always been struggling with depression, isolation, and withdrawal.
My current diagnosis as an Adult is: Major Depression Disorder, Anxiety/Panic Disorder, Body Dysmorphic Disorder- Low self-esteem of Physical Appearance.
(I despise my appearance, so I disguise my hair, face, neck, and hands.
With a hat that covers my head and my face, sunglasses, that cover my eyes and part of my face, a scarf to cover my neck, and UVA Sleeves that cover my arms or a very light jacket
To cover my arms, and gloves to cover my hands). I was comfortable performing my internship at the morgue because I did not have to worry about anyone looking at me, for me
Wore a mask, gloves, gown and smock. In conclusion my other mental illness diagnosis is: Suicidal Ideations.
I also have a Learning Disabilities in: Auditory Comprehension, and Mathematics called Dyscalculia. I was diagnosed in 1997 when I was 27 years old, and it was a struggle trying to make it through
College with the Testing Anxiety as well, I struggled with crowds even back then until I found out 15 years later, I had fear of crowds and too many people around me, and that I have always
Had undiagnosed Mental illness.
My Anti-Psychotic Medications are: Lexapro, 10 MG, Wellbutrin, 200 MG, Buspirone, 10 MG, Seroquel 25MG, and a non-anti-psychotic: Sumatripton Succinate, 50 MG, For Severe Migraine Headaches.
I am a widow of five years now, and my husband passed away tragically in his sleep on 3/9/2012 from congestive heart failure, and my mother passed away tragically alone in her apartment
From diabetic Complications on 12/22/2015. I truly do not have any family left and the family that is left, I cannot rely on for help with my two sons. My husband and my mother, were all I had,
To help me, and now I am struggling to keep this part-time position, and looking for a position at a morgue or a funeral home to continue my training, and eventually work around my children's
Schedule,
Furthermore, moving on; I have an adult daughter whom resides with me, and he has a multi-handicapped diagnosis of: Becker's Muscular Dystrophy, Cardiomyopathy, Scoliosis, and Autism Spectrum
Disorder, N.O.S. (Not Otherwise Specified); Severe Speech and Language Impairment, Use of A wheelchair, for long distances and now currently at his day habilitation program
Because her gait is severely weak. Due to the slow progressive deterioration of his muscles in her hips and limb girdle, she has fallen a lot over the summer last year with the walker they
Provided to him at Young Adult Institute (Y.A.I.) also, the muscles in his bladder have become extremely weak that he can no longer wear regular underwear anymore,
For, she is currently wearing adult diapers; because she was coming home every day, with his change of clothing that I send with in to the program, because he has been having bladder
Accidents, because she could not make it to the bathroom on time.
SHe also currently uses a hospital bed now because his Doctors are concerned about her Respiratory System, and her Neurologist is still in the process of trying to get insurance to approve
A Bi-pap machine, to use at night when she sleeps, for she has sleep apnea.
My adult daughter is, 30. The only medication she takes at this point is his heart medication: Carvedilol, 12.5 MG, And Enalapril, and 2.5 MG.
To further conclude, I have a younger son and he has a diagnosis of: Autism, and A.D.H.D. which causes him to have behavioral issues and Sensory
Issues with Food Textures, difficulty with bathing combing his hair, brushing his teeth, loud sharp sounds with the smoke detector, fire bells with fire drills at school, and the noise from
Motorcycles, dune buggies, and vacuum cleaners. I n which I have special headphone to block those sounds that are extremely sensitive to him.
Solomon was recently placed on medication to calm these behaviors and help him stay focused, and calm; and his medications are: Methylphenidate (A.K.A. Ritalin), 5 MG and
Clonidine, 0.1 MG, which is used to help him sleep at night.
Please forward this letter to someone in charge that can help this family with on-going rental assistance; because I cannot afford to continue to have my housing allowance case close.
Every time, I or the children get a dollar more, $80.00 or $90.00's more on the benefits. If I go back on Department of Social Services in Suffolkj County Long Island. The food stamps for the family are going to go from
$490.00's to $95.00 or less if I am approved for a housing allowance from Department of Social Services.
The boys and I are on a special diet. In which we eat organic foods, purified water, Non-dairy products, we are all lactose intolerant, and we eat foods that are also gluten free, and free of
Additives, and Preservatives. The food pantries do not carry these sort of food items, and before the food stamps for the family increased when I lost the housing allowance.
I tried to stretch the food as much as I could with the amount of food stamps of $95.00 at the time, we were barely able to eat but of course the rent was paid.
Individuals that I have spoken to literally stated, do you want to eat or have a roof over your head?
Therefore the system will let a family of three starve. Especially with my son's failing health he needs to eat, and my youngest son, the medications that he takes drops his weight;
And I will not be able to purchase Pediasure for him anymore to keep weight on him, because he is a very picky eater.
So, please advocate for this family that is trying so hard to survive the best way that we can, on a very fixed, and very low income.
Thank You for Your Time, Patience, and Consideration.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I live in Suffolk County Long Island

Post by Admin »

That is some list of needs, as well as places you tried for help. We recommend trying more, as we have other charities, churches, and agencies listed on the site here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _prog.html
Also, if it is utilities (which is what we think you are also asking for) call your utility company for information on asssitance.
WilBoom wrote:To Whom It May Concern At Need Help Paying Bills:
I is in dire need of financial Assistance to pay the on-going rent at my current location in Suffolk County, Long Island New York
I have been on the waiting list for South Hampton Housing Authority for Five Years now in October 2018. I lost my housing Allowance with Suffolk County Department Of
Social Services, In Hauppauge, New York; on October of 2016. When I first received the discontinuance of assistance letter. I contacted Nassau/Suffolk Law Services,
And they told me that there is nothing that they can do, because you have excess income. I receive Social Security Disability Benefits for working status, and I am a paid volunteer at
Assistant living Pleasant Gardens, in Bayport, New York as a cleaner and Set the tables for the residents to eat lunch,
Due to my anxiety/Panic disorder it is very difficult for me to be around people for a very long period of time.
Therefore, I only work on Mondays for Three Hours and on Tuesday for Three Hours, and my pay is, Bi-weekly for 12 hours worked.
The same for when I volunteered at the hospital on Long Island for my internship. I worked only one day, for five to six hours for five months.
Now that my internship is completed, I am looking into working at the funeral homes to assist with Medical Filing, Embalming, and Cremation Assistance.