A new start in my life

State and local government assistance programs.
NikkiS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

A new start in my life

Post by NikkiS »

Experiencing a pivotal time recently separated from husband due to domestic disputes, children removed by CPS and drug use 2 1/2 years ago. I am trying to get a new start in my life and be clean, life straight, and be responsible. After repeating a vicious cycle of treatments and shelters I decided one day to do a geographical move with only two bags and a small tent. Complying with CPS and partaking in classes necessary for reunification, would soon fall short of all the rewards recovery offers.
My husband completely withdrew himself two months after children were removed and I will be honest I couldn't surrender completely addiction had a strong foothold upon my choices and quality of life. Ultimately I’d take two steps forward and 5 steps back.
I knew one thing. I wasn't giving up on my children. I've stuck it out. I made my geographical change and have been sober since January 2013. My CPS case has been blessed several times more than I deserve, but knowing what I know now, I realize it's not what I deserved, It is in the best interest of MY children. My husband recently resurfaced and decided to become active in this case with spite, threatening to gain custody and eliminating me completely.
I am actively participating in Substance abuse treatment as well as Parenting classes, therapy 2 times per month as part of this fresh start. Completed Domestic Violence/Anger management twice.
I rent a room for 550 per month. TANF pays 298 per month. I usually find myself depending on family for help. My soul purpose for this request is a stepping stone for a greater purpose. I am actively seeking work, and was taught that part of recovery is stepping out of my comfort areas. Which is asking for help. I look forward to your response with any guidance or additional resource information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: A new start in my life

Post by Admin »

That is some story, and good for you for being brave, moving, getting away from the chaos and violence, and trying to do better for yourself. As far as where to go for help, the Salvation Army social services may offer everything from shelter to help for you moving and more. They often assist DV survivors too, and have special programs for them.
NikkiS wrote:Experiencing a pivotal time recently separated from husband due to domestic disputes, children removed by CPS and drug use 2 1/2 years ago. I am trying to get a new start in my life and be clean, life straight, and be responsible. After repeating a vicious cycle of treatments and shelters I decided one day to do a geographical move with only two bags and a small tent. Complying with CPS and partaking in classes necessary for reunification, would soon fall short of all the rewards recovery offers.