HIV

State and local government assistance programs.
Apple
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

HIV

Post by Apple »

My son just recently had to move back in with me after he acquired HIV and, subsequently, Viral Arthritis. He was barely able to walk or stand for a few months and, therefore, was no longer able to work. I had been paying for some of his medications and all of his food needs when this got bad. And then he needed to move in with me because of th situation and me needing to take him in to clinic visits frequently.
The HIV is under control, so it appears. And the Viral Arthritis has improved. He can walk and get around now but is limited to how much (his feet swell up with too much standing or walking. And his knees begin to give him pain with too much sitting and then he needs to have his legs stretched out in front of him). I have been operating my own business. However, when things got so bad with my son I was spending a lot of money in his good and medicines, as well as gas fare and cab fare to get him to the ER and, once they got the selling under control, clinic visits every other week.
And during this and period of time my car starting acting up really bad, to the point I could no longer drive it. So I needed to take cabs to get to my office so as not to lose clients. Between helping out my son, car repairs, and cab fares, this are up the little bit I had in savings and my reserves for clients who paid for their massages in advance. I got behind in my rent at my office by over $3000 and had to close my practice just this June 1st (2018).
I started working for someone, doing massage at her office. But she didn't give me nearly enough work to buy groceries, pay bills, and rent. And, we moved to as the previous landlord no longer wanted to rent rooms out in his home. We needed to get into Minneapolis anyway to be close to HCMC for my son and to be on good bus/rail lines for him to get around as my car still doesn't run good (but at least I can drive it for now. But I'm getting over 100 miles less on a tank of gas than when it was running good). I also want to be in a good transit line in case the car no longer functions.
So we moved, just this June 1st (2018). But we cannot pay July rent. There just has not been enough money in June. I made less than $800 last month and our rent is just over $900 with utilities. I don't have any of the rent. My son only gets just under $200 in food assistance. That certainly helps out. But it's not enough to feed 2 people. Is there anything you can do to help us with July rent before we get evicted? Thank you.
James V
anti spam: Blue

Re: HIV

Post by James V »

My husband's son is HIV positive and often sick. He was born with HIV through no fault of his own. He acquired it from a bad blood transfusion his mother received while pregnant with him. He is a young adult, 31 years old, but very immature. He is trying to live on his own for the first time and because he has no job, he needs help with paying for a one bedroom apartment. He is not on disability and is too proud to get on it, however, if there was a charity, etc., which could pay his rent for him, he could work at a part time job to pay for utilities, etc. That is my wish.
He would like to reside either in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area or on the west coast of Florida, Sarasota/Venice area, where his mother resides. Please help him. He has lived with me and my husband for 16 years now and it is doing him and us, no good. Please find an organization that can pay his monthly rent, so that he can fulfill his dream of going to technical school, getting a degree and living a truly "adult" life.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: HIV

Post by Admin »

Not sure if this will help or not, but there are some charities that help cancer patients. Maybe they will help with HIV too? Or provide medications, etc. Sadly too many STDs are incurable, but HIV at least has some medications that can maybe put off AIDS...at least for a while.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html