I was mentally, physically and emotionally abused

State and local government assistance programs.
Nashville
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I was mentally, physically and emotionally abused

Post by Nashville »

Hi, I recently reached out to you and filled out the application in reference to receiving help getting back on my feet. I was in a really bad relationship for 9 years, I was mentally, physically and emotionally abused. I stayed in the relationship for my children thinking it was doing them good but not realizing I was just hurting them.
I have 3 amazing children and one on the way, my older two have no contact with their father, and he has never been in their life. I would cry every night, I felt like I had failed them, because I wanted them to have the world, I wanted them to have a good childhood, I wanted them to have everything I didn't have growing up as a child.
When I found a man that was willing to take on the responsibility of raising children that weren't biologically his, I was so happy, but that happiness soon turned to misery. He was not the family man I wanted, he was abusive in every way to me but was great with the children, and I thought that because he was such a great father I could take the abuse, but not realizing it was affecting them in many ways. I finally found the courage to leave after 9 years, but not before I started having health issues, that I still have.
I always feel fatigue, I get panic attacks, my heart beats fast for no reason, I knew it was time to change my life that I was the only one my children had. My children are so amazing, they are straight A students that have big dreams and I know will take a different path in life that I took. They will be something one day, and I am raising them to be strong, independent and caring people.
I have since got into another relationship and everything is perfect except our financial situation. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and struggle. We live off his income as a server at Pizza Hut and a disability check, it is very hard. We have goals but need help getting there, we are all about our family and raising these children to be good and productive members of society.
We have decided to join a church and be better people ourselves. The person I am with now was raised in a very religious home and prays every night, he always tells me prayer changes everything. It makes me feel so good to know I have finally got my family, the one I want and we are all so happy, now we just have to get financially stable. We have goals, we want to own a home, have a yard for the kids to play in.
We just need the help getting started. I would be willing and enjoy volunteering my time to organizations. He always tells me, when you get where you need to be always remember to turn around and help the next in line. It's so true. We would be such a better world if everyone had that mind set but unfortunately not everyone does. We are not looking for a hand out or someone to provide for us, just the assistance of getting on our feet and guidance we need to make the right steps in going forward, we are willing to help in any way possible. Thank you so much for listening to me and god bless!
Yousef

Re: I was mentally, physically and emotionally abused

Post by Yousef »

My family currently reside at the Horizon house family shelter in Columbus, IN due to abuse that was physical and also mind games. We are in need of first months rent and deposit help on order to get back on our feet. My husband is currently employed and I have been recently laid off but am actively searching for new employment. We have a 4 year old son as well. Any information would Be appreciated. Thank you.
Flower10

Re: I was mentally, physically and emotionally abused

Post by Flower10 »

I'm desperately trying to get out of a severely emotionally abusive and partially physically abusive relationship with a man in Maine. My immediate family lives in Florida and that's where I need to go!! I don't make enough money with SSI and SSDI to pay bills and afford any moving. I require a 2 bedroom, hopefully near Cape Canaveral or Melbourne Beach to be near family. I need the 2 bedroom for disability reasons. I NEED help ASAP!!