More than just food stamps - a pantry?

State and local government assistance programs.
NilaP
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

More than just food stamps - a pantry?

Post by NilaP »

To who it may concern-
I have a daughter 32 years of age with 3 children. The husband is living in a different state. My daughter has zero for an income. The only thing she has for some income is food stamps, but she needs more groceries too. She and my grandkids have been living with us on and off. This time it has been over a year.
She has said to us she is looking to move out of the house. I am not sure that she is or not. She said she was looking for help in addition to the SNAP food stamps. Our patience are getting thin now. We wish her to move out on her own. I know there are some programs out there. Hoping you could help her out.
Canandaigua, Ontario NY 14425.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: More than just food stamps - a pantry?

Post by Admin »

Yes, food stamps do not provide much. Only tens of dollars per month, but maybe she gets more due to the 3 kids. Regardless, try one of the free food pantries near you for more groceries. But she also needs her own place for her 3 kids, so look into housing too.
NilaP wrote:To who it may concern-
I have a daughter 32 years of age with 3 children. The husband is living in a different state. My daughter has zero for an income. The only thing she has for some income is food stamps, but she needs more groceries too. She and my grandkids have been living with us on and off. This time it has been over a year.
Canandaigua, Ontario NY 14425.
LoreyM

Post by LoreyM »

Looking for help for a birthday and Easter as for my family have had quite a rough last 6 months. Will your pantry help us? We had a child hit by a truck in September which kept me home with 24 hour care with him just getting back into work force. We will be starting this week. We have lost everything, the vehicle, we are behind 6 months on rent, food, we get food stamps but would appreciate if there is help for groceries from a food pantry.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some pantries have spacial holiday food baskets, including for holidays such as Easter. Try one in Kern County for groceries and more. Not sure if they have birthday items, but maybe ingredients for a cake, meal, and what not.
LoreyM wrote:Looking for help for a birthday and Easter as for my family have had quite a rough last 6 months.