Single mom who is a teacher needs help

State and local government assistance programs.
Tairod
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single mom who is a teacher needs help

Post by Tairod »

Good Afternoon,
I have a family (mother and two teenage daughters) that I am very familiar with due to my profession as a patrol officer with the city of Durham Police Department, North Carolina. I got a call from the mother today requesting help. She stated that they were kicked out of their home recently and she had to have one of her daughters stay with a church member. She said that she is staying with a friend and they only had room for two of them.
She is a single mom who is a long term substitute teacher. She is requesting assistance in locating housing so that her family may be together again and have their own place. Do you have any recommendations? If not can you point me in the right direction!? Please feel free to email me or contact me by phone! My contact information is listed below. Thank you for the help in advance!
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single mom who is a teacher needs help

Post by Admin »

Thank you for your service as a police officer. I use to live in Cary, NC, which is close to Durham and I know crime and poverty is a big issue in Durham. Not a safe area to work at all. Also good for you in trying to help the single mom with 2 kids...as there are millions of single moms who are struggling as poverty levels in that demographic are maybe highest in nation...single parent a big cause of poverty. Maybe they can try a church assistance program here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ance_.html
Tairod wrote:I got a call from the mother today requesting help. She stated that they were kicked out of their home recently and she had to have one of her daughters stay with a church member. She said that she is staying with a friend and they only had room for two of them.
She is a single mom who is a long term substitute teacher. She is requesting assistance in locating housing so that her family may be together again and have their own place. Do you have any recommendations? If not can you point me in the right direction!? Please feel free to email me or contact me by phone! My contact information is listed below. Thank you for the help in advance!