Ohio Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
maxie_mac

Ohio Assistance

Post by maxie_mac »

I am interested in help and assistance in Ohio. I need help with paying an old heating bill, and also rent assistance. I do not know how the heating bills can go up 10% since last year. It is not right. Please send assistance. Please...

Please help,
Maxie
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Ohio Assistance

Post by Admin »

maxie_mac wrote:I am interested in help and assistance in Ohio. I need help with paying an old heating bill, and also rent assistance. I do not know how the heating bills can go up 10% since last year. It is not right. Please send assistance. Please...

Please help,
Maxie
for your heating bill in Ohio, try the Winter Reconnect Program
This provides help with a heating bill and will help you avoid disconnection.
amyport44

Cleveland Ohio

Post by amyport44 »

Hi kind sirs, Any programs to assist and help me with bills and debt in the Cleveland area?
citi and BA

Post by citi and BA »

I was laid off in November and my family and I struggled immensely to keep from losing the roof over our heads, the water and electricity. My son is in H.S. and her mother is sick, we were forced to give her SSI check to pay our rent leaving enough money to pay for 1 cellphone and a medical insurance copay our son has. I pawned everything we had, and borrowed on my car title just to try and keep up. Now my electric bill is due, which we have on a fixed plan for years now and I don't know what to do anymore. Tomorrow our internet will be disconnected and our son is going to lose her bed which we were paying in weekly installments. Its falling all apart and its even been hard to buy or obtain food. We applied in December for help from Cleveland social services but we will not see any assistance until after the first week of March, I just found employment that will not be able to pay me what I earned before even though we lived check to check. And I won't b seeing a paycheck until February 7th. By then my electric will be shut off. I really need some help until this job , which i am glad I found, pays me, it will only pay me bi-monthly but its a job. But I do need help to pay my bills. Please!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So if you have applied from the Cleveland social services there is nothing we can do. Sounds like you just need to wait. Or of course look into other government and public aid, such as LIHEAP. There are a number of these government programs in Ohio. Get more details on free food, unemployment compensation and more in Cuyahoga County and surrounding towns. Click here.
AmericanG

Post by AmericanG »

I live with my sister. She lost her job. She gas four kids. I have a job at Wal Mart in Anna Ohio. I have a daughter. I am a single mom. I have been trying not ask for help to pay bills. I took a loan at cash land and a title loan. Now I am afraid to lose my car and cant pay back cash land.

My birthday is coming up and I cant get my tags. She can't pay her bills like rent and she is she behind 1600 on that rent. Plus utility bills are pass do. I am trying to help but I have Sprint phone bill due at rent a center. So we need to have a refrigerator too.

I can't find a way out. I need help pay my bills. I need help paying them. My car is a 1993 Chrysler concern. I put it in park and it went in reverse when I was picking up my daughter. Thank god it did not hit a car. Please can you help me.

I don’t know where else too turn to. Our rent is $500 a month. Our utility’s are $200. Gas is $250. My cash land is per month and my title is for three months at 717.79 a week is. Plus rent a center a week is $75.29. My sprint Bill is like 500 month if not less like $455. I live in Wapskoneta Ohio. Sincerely Maxie.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With that long list of issues, ranging from rent to what you need is credit counseling, you may want to try a community action agency. These Ohio based non-profits provide residents with a number of services, both financial aid for paying bills and more long term self-sufficiency. So there are many locations across the state, and get details on the programs from Ohio community action centers.