Columbus Ohio I live in

State and local government assistance programs.
Pablo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Columbus Ohio I live in

Post by Pablo »

We currently live in Texas but my husband got a better paying job transfer to Ohio he inquired about it for March 2017 but we have to be in Columbus December 1st. We have some money so we would be able to get a house if nothing else but our credit is so poor and he has a civil suit against him from an apartment complex that didn't release him from his lease when he had orders to move.
My husband is a disabled veteran and we have a 1 year old child and a service dog. I can't let my baby be homeless and this is a great opportunity financially for us. We are working with Lexington law to make our credit better but I don't know what to do anymore. All I would need is help finding someone who will rent to us and maybe a little money for a security deposit. I have 10 days left to find a place or we will be homeless. I am a former resident of Ohio and still hold my Ohio driver’s license. Please help me keep my baby safe and warm.
Butter

Re: Columbus Ohio I live in

Post by Butter »

Hi,
I live in Columbus, Ohio, and I'm in need of some financial help for four things: a car repair, my phone bill, gas money and help with moving. (I currently obtain some food from a local pantry, greatly appreciated.) I'm 60 years old, well-educated but have experienced some significant health problems over the past 5 years.
I was able to work part-time in Information & Referral over the summer, however, I've been unemployed for about two months because their schedule abruptly changed and I was unable to work all three shifts as they deemed necessary (per my physician). Before that I was employed part-time as a pediatric home health aide for children with cognitive issues. I have also taught piano, tutored, and other jobs, with relatively high success.
It has been very difficult for me to find suitable work in Columbus, and now that my wind-shield wiper has broken I'm even more restricted. (It's a 19-year-old car so the repair will be $450.) At the same time, I've been living with my elderly mother and disabled brother in a situation that has placed considerable demands on me physically. Ultimately I want to move to a small apartment so I can focus on a job and have fewer physical demands.
Please let me know if you have any contacts for me in this area. I've been looking through the list at Catholic Social Services but haven't found something for someone like me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about health problems, it happens to best of us. Especially when did well earlier. You are not along...most people have so little (nothing saved for retirement than when a medical condition hits (like you) they have zero options, need to turn to hope of financial aid and more. We have assistance in Columbus Ohio, try thse programs.
Butter wrote:Hi,
I live in Columbus, Ohio, and I'm in need of some financial help for four things: a car repair, my phone bill, gas money and help with moving. (I currently obtain some food from a local pantry, greatly appreciated.) I'm 60 years old, well-educated but have experienced some significant health problems over the past 5 years..
natasha

Post by natasha »

June 10. 2019
Dear Sir or Madam
On August 8, 2017 I relocated to Columbus Ohio on the faith of god and the word of a childhood friend. My goal was to be in my own apartment/ home by September 8, 2019 and it has been so difficult everything I have applied for has rejected me only good thing out this journey is I was blessing with a job at Treehouse Learning Center. I have been living in my car and motels when I can afford to I am coming to you for support and seeing. If you will pledge to help me in this difficult time with any type of donation to help me with weekly room rates until I am blessing with an apartment.
Thank you in advance for your support
Sincerely,