Car club maybe contact me

State and local government assistance programs.
Girl34
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Car club maybe contact me

Post by Girl34 »

Hello,
I am a Professional Photographer, living in Santa Barbara, California. I didn't know who else to contact, so I figured a car club may be able to help. Please if you could just read this, I would appreciate it. I launched my start-up business this year, and it has been slow, to say the least.
I purchased a van to live in, in order to save money on rent. I purchased the van, a 96 dodge ram 2500 conversion van, on August 23, 2016, with a settlement check that was from a class action suit. I received the check on July 21, bought the van on July 23, then on July 25, a co-worker of mine stole the remaining $2,470 from me. A report was made with SBPD within the hour of the theft.
As luck would have it, 3 weeks later on August 14, 2016, another lunatic stole my van....the good news is that person has been arrested and is in jail on 4 felonies, and my van was recovered. He did sell all my belongings that were in the van. Approximately $1500. My camera gear, everything but about $400 was on my person at the time....thank heavens!
Sorry for the long story but I wanted to communicate that this has been a horrific month. I obviously filed police reports. The person who took the cash is in hiding...although I'll never see the money, I did post an ad on craigslist about the incident. I figure the embarrassment factor will eventually lead to the return of my money. (See David Arreola, SB Craigslist- under rooms/ shares, and community news).
So this is why I'm contacting your organization. I could really use some help please... Although I didn't know it at the time, it is against the law for someone to sell a vehicle that hasn't been smogged. Of course, mine hasn't been. Within 24 hours of purchase, I got insurance and paid the title/registration fees. I took the van to AAMCO, and they said they can't get a reading on the smog meter thing because there is no voltage getting to the #19 and #20 spark plugs. Well, now the tags expire in 3 days and I am completely penniless. Aamco said that need $120 to get started, fix (they tested the plugs for free) so I'm figuring about $160 to fix, and 50 for smog test.
I have limited family as my parents have passed. I went to get assistance from the state and they can't help. I contacted 6 churches and they can't help. There is an agency that pays low income people $500 for smog related repairs and testing, but they won't help you if the vehicle is in a sale transition. So do you have anyone who can help me with the repairs, or could your car club please, please help pay AAMCO? I will pay smog, I'm just not able to do anything else. I'm not asking for the cash. Paid directly to AAMCO would be much appreciated. (Or any less expensive repair company).
Please understand that I am a normal, educated, non-drug using woman, having just switched careers after 33 years in retail management. I do not have a criminal background, and am getting ready to have my 50th birthday in about a week. I am more than willing to pay your club back, sign title over, do photography work for your organization, and work for you. .....Basically, I'll do anything as long as it's moral and legal :)
Of course, I have copies of the police reports for your review, if needed. If I lose this van, then I'm on the streets alone. I have exhausted all resources, and I'm hoping you can help. You may contact me through any of the means listed below. I've never had to ask anyone other than family for help before, and I have not done that many times. I have no income right now. If you can assist, I can't tell you what it would mean to me. If you cannot, I completely understand and I appreciate you reading my very long letter! Thank you for your time and consideration.
TBaldwin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Car club maybe contact me

Post by TBaldwin »

Hello,
I found your website and hope you can help. My husband has not worked for 18 months at the car club due to disabilities. He is filing for Disability. My work was casual, but now I am working at Experience Works which helps people 55 and older find work. I get paid $8.00 and hour while training.
Our bills have piled up. We are on Medical Assistance, and Food Support, also energy assistance.
We own our own home but are unable to pay for property insurance or taxes. Our phone bills are over due as is our electric and car insurance.
Help! My husband is a veteran, if that makes a difference.