Writ of garnishment causing financial hardship

State and local government assistance programs.
Thomas1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Writ of garnishment causing financial hardship

Post by Thomas1 »

H, I live in Yakima Washington. I am the only income for my family and it is very hard for me to pay all the bills such as rent, electric, phone, medical. And transportation, insurance, recently I was sent a writ of garnishment notice. With that I believe the only thing I would be able to pay is the rent. I need help with my bills. Can you help?MIt is Yakima WA 98908.
Marisa
anti spam: Blue

Re: Writ of garnishment causing financial hardship

Post by Marisa »

I was laid off in October and searching for work, I have also exhausted my unemployment benefits and during this financial hardship have gotten behind on the essential bills, and to make matters worse my old employer has been garnishing my wages. I applied for food stamps and medical and was approved so that helps in that aspect, but in the meantime I am struggling. Please point me in the right direction for some assistance, and hopefully soon I received a shutoff notice for the water scheduled 11/18/2018.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Writ of garnishment causing financial hardship

Post by Admin »

A writ of garnishment...for what? Someone is withholding your pay? if so, and think not right, then try legal aid.
in addition to that, we have tons of other information on Yakima County assistance programs.
Thomas1 wrote:H, I live in Yakima Washington.And transportation, insurance, recently I was sent a writ of garnishment notice. With that I believe the only thing I would be able to pay is the rent. I need help with my bills. Can you help?MIt is Yakima WA 98908.