We already tried 211

State and local government assistance programs.
Michelle berryhill
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We already tried 211

Post by Michelle berryhill »

I am a single mother of two. A 3 year old and a 1 year old. We have been homeless for over a month. I have called my local 2-1-1 and have been calling every week as I was asked to and there still have not been any available shelters for us. The weather is getting colder and I can no longer bare to keep my children and me in the situation that we are in.
A friend of ours is letting us stay with her but it is only for a very minimal amount of time for she is moving out of the state very soon. I have been trying to find some kind of rental assistance that can help me with a first month’s rent and security deposit on a new apartment for me and my children. I just started working again this week and my checks won't be coming in for another couple of week. I feel like I am at my whit’s end.
I have no family and no friends to help us, that is why I tried 211. fear losing my children in the process of trying to get our lives back on a positive track. I am an employee for the Public School Department in Providence RI, so I do have a reliable job to continue paying my rent and bills going forward. I really just need some help getting us back on our feet. If there is any kind of assistance out there that can help me. PLEASE inform me as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: We already tried 211

Post by Admin »

We have more resources listed than what is on 211. So the main site of http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/ has tips on saving money, health care, financial aid, loan programs, and more. 211 does not always have the same resources/knowledge. Go to the main site and use the search bar is our recommendation.