DSS says income too high

State and local government assistance programs.
Jonathan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

DSS says income too high

Post by Jonathan »

I need help paying my bill. I’m a single mom raising a child with mental illness and DSS say I make to much. I don’t how since my bills are like 1000 a month but if you make and more then 548 for 2 people which I get child support that only 624 a month and SSI for her say they only give me like 24 dollars. I never ask for any help before and the 1 time I do I can't find it. I am sorry can't help you plus she can't be left alone at all so I can't take a job outside the home. So any help time in advance.
Mrs.Frazier

Re: DSS says income too high

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

Trying to get the funds needed for a deposit for our new home and utilities. DSS can't help me because my income is too high and my husband and one of my sons are waiting to get approved for advisability. We have lost our home of 5 years and now we are staying apart from each other in sutlers and friends house here and there. We have been approved for a new property but don't have enough money to move.
Mustang

Re: DSS says income too high

Post by Mustang »

I have been unemployed since the end of May so I lost my income. I've always worked hard to keep up, I'm now living on unemployment and am on food stamps from DSS for the first time in my life. I enrolled in school part time with the help of a part time grant from the county and am planning to go full time next semester since I haven't been successful in finding employment I still want to be able to advance somehow. I have been paying my rent in partial payment with my unemployment and am just having a hard time keeping up. I applied for energy assistance with DSS in July and that has been a slow process with paperwork mishaps and communication issues. At the moment I feel as though I'm drowning and I am trying desperately to stay afloat. I am going down the list of resources possible to make that possible and any assistance given is very much appreciated