Retirement disability payments not enough

State and local government assistance programs.
Fritz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Retirement disability payments not enough

Post by Fritz »

We literally have no funds for Christmas for our two boys this year. Our home is in foreclosure, my retirement disability has been placed on hold until TRS hears back from doctor, our water has been turned off for a couple of weeks now, and we have no heat since we can't pay our natural gas bill.
Any day now we can be told to get out of our home. I had back surgery last year and my husband had 6 surgeries two years ago. We used to be the family that thrived and helped others but we are now on the flip side.
It's embarrassing for us to ask for help because of our pride but we don't know what else to do. We pray the Lord helps us and helps our children with Christmas this year. By the way, both of our boys are in the Autism Spectrum. This has been extremely difficult for them to understand. Thank you.
Sadness
anti spam: Blue

Re: Retirement disability payments not enough

Post by Sadness »

Hi I am in desperate need of gas money to go back and forth to work starting tomorrow. We have been living on my husband's disability and retirement payments, due to me being in a bad car accident January 22, 2018.
My vehicle was totaled, and I was hurt badly. I have been without a paycheck for 3 months other than our small retirement. I get to start back to work tomorrow, but, I have less than half a tank of gas, and we have maybe $.50 to our names until May.
I tried going to St. Vincent de Paul, but they do not assist in gas anymore.
We have pawned what we could, I have asked family members. But no luck.
I am desperate to get my life back, and believing God is greater. We are also almost out of insulin, which my. Husband and I both take. We get the generic brand from Walmart which is so much cheaper.
Please help if possible. Thank you for your time.
Deborah
Slaybells

Post by Slaybells »

To whom it may concern:
My name is Alicia and I saw this link online
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ct_us.html
I’m on disability benefits from my disability retirement benefits and I have very very limited income to repair my vehicle and I need help with fixing it so I can get around my area and I need my vehicle to help with food shopping and getting around for my medical appointments and other insurance purposes so it’s really necessary for me to get my vehicle back on the road again soon…
I have no other support services available in my area and I saw this post online that offers assistance for auto repair services for free for low income people who are not able to get their vehicles fixed…
I’m living in Manchester NH 03103, and retirement disability is just not enough for cost of living here.
I’ve called every single place I can possibly think of calling even churches within my area and they don’t have any financial resources within my area and that includes the local welfare department and state agencies!!!
Catholic charities, salvation ministries and other charities within my region can’t help me with this issue because they don’t have the resources or finances to help provide the funds to help people who are struggling financially or on low incomes….
I’m reaching out to you now because I’ve tried everything possible I can think of and that includes 211!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, it is often hard (always so?) to keep up during retirement. Maybe a part time, low stress job. Or get financial help. We have other tips on making retirement money last longer.