Veteran with purple heart

State and local government assistance programs.
Stressed Out
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Veteran with purple heart

Post by Stressed Out »

Hello my husband and I have 3 wonderful kids together. My husband was 12 years in the Army and almost 10 years station in Germany. We meet each other in Germany. The Army send us 2011 to GA fort Benning.... since almost to year's we leave now in Wisconsin Milwaukee. Yes and he is out the army since we moved to Wisconsin and is now a veteran.
He also has a purple heart.
We have right now a little hart time with our bills. We fall behind with our rent and we don't know how to catch up.
Is there anyway a little help from you guys for us? We would really appreciate it!!! I am so sorry for asking I really feel stupid about it even because my English is not perfect and I really never have to ask for that kinda help before.
I really hope there is any help for our beautiful family.
Best wishes,
Spinella

Re: Veteran with purple heart

Post by Spinella »

Hello.  We have exhausted all other area of asking for help. My husband is a 72 year old who is retired  from Cave Stone as a Veteran with a Purple Heart. I will soon be 69 an I retired from State of Indiana Dept of Child Welfare Services due to sickness. Due to our health problems and his Cancer we have used all our savings my husband’s retirement money. Last year Our roof started leaking, our Central Air stopped working 3 years ago, Kitchen Propane Gas stove broke 9 months ago ( too old to fix).
Recently the foundation on our old home broke has caused the bedroom floor to drop down an both ole lamps for living room stopped working. My husband suffers from Heart problems a breathing problem. I suffer from Acute Chronic Pancreatitis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. I cannot eat without pain, so I take a lot of pain medications. So hard for either of us to hold down a job.  But willing to try. We both get Social Security of total $2,498 per month for us both us my retirement per month is $1,587.  My husband, even as a veteran with a purple heart, is trying to earn money driving for Uber, but his Expenses keeps putting us I the hole. Do you think you can please help us? We ran out of propane gas last week and it is so cold in our home. We can’t afford to eat out. We are just having a hard time right now. So  Sorry that we have to ask help. Thank you for your time. GOD bless.
Germany

Post by Germany »

We're a young couple, between us we have soon to be five kids. My spouse is ex-army but doesn't qualify as a vet (even though he has a purple heart), has other than honorable discharge so we don’t get any help from any vet/army programs. Our vehicle broke down causing the loss of an excellent job. Eventually causing the loss of our home. Since then we have been renting rooms in homes, staying at hotels. Working for board. But with so many kids and 7 months pregnant with the 5th that only gets us so far.
None of the shelters have had room so we have been selling our belongings to provide some sort of rent and working odd jobs. We've tried applying for housing assistance and the lists are extremely long or closed even for veterans. These threats are constantly made, our oldest two children are from other people and the other parents are trying to take full custody now since things are so bad. So before we lose our kids and before we have the new baby we're looking for some type of assistance government/federal or nonfederal for veterans or purple heart programs. Organizations, charity’s, fundraising, anything!  Or even just information! Everywhere we look everything is full or suspended!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thank you and your husband for your service! As you also serve in being a military spouse. And he seems like even more a hero with that purple heart. It is amazing. We have a huge list of programs, including for veterans. Find them here at financial help resources, and select your state.
Germany wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:51 am We're a young couple, between us we have soon to be five kids. My spouse is ex-army but doesn't qualify as a vet (even though he has a purple heart), has other than honorable discharge so we don’t get any help from any vet/army programs.