My only income is from being an Uber Driver

State and local government assistance programs.
Hanlon3
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My only income is from being an Uber Driver

Post by Hanlon3 »

We are in a financial crisis, being unemployed (both me and my wife). We are now relying on my earnings as an Uber driver. Earnings are not stable. I earn between $50-$190 a week, depending on the number of rides I get.
We were given an eviction notice last month but was able to collect enough from our last resources to cover for our rent this month. I am afraid we don't have enough funds for our rent for next month, as well as utilities for this month. We already applied for housing assistance and are waiting for results of our application.
Oneistheonly

Re: My only income is from being an Uber Driver

Post by Oneistheonly »

Please I am need of not going to the streets. I am a mother of 4 also with a mother who is a paraplegic. MY roommate only works as an Uber driver. My fiancé has abandon us and we have no transportation, no money, no job. He has left me with about $2000.00 in debt and my babies and I will be on street. Please I am begging if there is anyone to help or guide me in the direction I need to go in order to get on track.
Misery

Post by Misery »

I'm a single mother of four small children working as an Uber driver. One girl and three boys. I recently lost my home, my income, all personal information which I'm having a hard time getting back because lack of money. I love my children very much and I just want to see a smile on their faces. We currently stay with a friend and it will break my heart to watch my babies watch the other kids opening presents and happy. I'm not asking for much I just want my little ones to smile bright and be happy.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe you are looking into other job programs in addition to the financial help for your children. If so, there are resources for you to try listed on our site. There are skill based training centers, career counselors, and other job programs out there, which you can look into (and take advantage of) as you drive for Uber and apply for financial help. Find options here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _bill.html
Flutie

Post by Flutie »

I was on disability and during that time I was let go from my job so I have to drop to go back to. I am driving with Uber now to make money but I didn't get this started in time to have the demand of rent that my landlord needs. As of yesterday he gave me one day to come up with $2350 and I was only able to come up with $800. As soon as he was told that so far I came up with $650 he had me served with a 3-day Notice of Pay Rent or Quit showing I owed $1700. I also need some extra food as if my money goes for rent will be trouble. I paid another $150 and came home to the letter taped to my door. As now as of one hour ago I have till Monday to pay $1550. Can you help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have other suggestions on the website for making money. Maybe you can do this when not driving Uber and/or while not looking for a more long term job. As an example, find these freelance positions and companies which may allow you to bring in more money for your bills and family too.
Cruisers

Post by Cruisers »

Good Afternoon,
My heart led me to take time to write and see if there is any assistance that I could receive, or if you can help me to go in the right path. At the moment, my only income is from being an Uber driver. I am currently homeless, only available to live with my parents one or two days out of the week. I sleep in my Ford Fusion that I use for Uber and will sometimes try to get hotel rooms if I am able to. I am currently struggling with coming up with the funds to pay my car payment with my minimum payment of $385.00 due this Friday December 25th. My full balance due is $729.80. I am also struggling with my car insurance which is due by December for $287.00.
I do have hope for my future. I am a great Cake baker, cake designer and pastry creator. I am also great with Graphic Design. I have high hopes to get situated in an apartment so that I can grow into becoming an entrepreneur. I never thought that I would be in this current situation with no income other than Uber. It has been very cold outside and sleeping in the car isn't always as comfortable. I have HIV, but I also have HCM, a heart condition along with lower back pains that I suffer from. My lower back makes it hard for me to sit for long periods of time and my heart condition often causes issues with my breathing, especially with it being cold outside. I drive Uber and door dash when I can, but my lower back hurts from sitting and sleeping in my car makes it much worse. I'm tired of going through this.
My prayer is that I can get into an apartment or house to get situated so that I can use the talent that God gave me to make a living. My prayer is that I am able to get through this Christmas and new years and be Happy and be able to get my mom a nice gift. My prayers is that I could get some type of Financial help for my business to help me with what I need to grow my business. I have even created a business plan for my business. I am just stuck right now. I use to suffer through suicide thoughts and major stress not knowing that I would have to live with 3 major illnesses. Not having a steady place to live has made things much worse, especially with me losing my job in August of this year. Living with these conditions is not something easy to put up with and carry, along with not having a place to stay right now.
I hope that this message will fall into the right hands of someone that can help me. I feel embarrassed having to reach out, but I need help with a job, my bills and a career other than be.
My parents address is Charlotte NC 28216. This is where I can sometimes stay, unless my sister is there with lots of kids, then my dad doesn't want me there. He doesn't say it, but it's because of me having HIV. He just doesn't say it. Even with me showing him that I take my medication. I'm just tired of going through this. I also have a odor problem that I can't control which makes things worse with me trying to find a job. No matter how many showers or baths I take, I don't have control of my hygiene and the smells that come from my body. Every medical issue that I have brought to you, can be proven with documentation from my medical records and I don't mind sharing them with you at all. I really hope that I am able to get some type of support or direction for assistance.
My apologies for the long message. I hope to hear back from someone soon.
Thanks,